auto update/database t/fer

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g0fyd
New user

Post by g0fyd »

Auto update is not working on mine.

logcheck robot picks up new dxcc locator etc but no auto update on entry.

I have auto check ticked on all that i require.

Also no dxcc distance data is appearing on the main page wen log entry is selected.

Have i forgotten to do some basics as I have recently installed 2.4 on new computer.

Can someone advise me of the best way to transfer all data as i have added some personal data which would read incorrect if i imported log then updated using logcheck robot.

I would like all the datatbases to read the same as previously without amending individually.Can you just drop in certain files.
I have done this in the past but with difficulty

Thanks for a great log programme (the best)

Ian G0FYD

Ian McCabe
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Ian,

for your databases I suggest to copy them to a CD (and also the INI file) and after the installtion of the new version (I understood on a new computer) you can copy all databases into the related folders which were created during the programm installation. If you keep the INI file your new setup should work as the one on the old computer. I will do the same next week and it will hopefully work this way.
I have no idea why the auto update does not work. Have you checked the "auto" function in the log check robot?
The missing distance notification may be based on the settings in the options menue. Did you put your personal information into the options menue? If yes, that information will appear in the blue top line of the main screen. If you don´t see your callsign and locator you must fill the user details in the options/settings/change user folder.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg

Edited by - dl4kg on 29/12/2003 7:41:52 PM

Edited by - dl4kg on 29/12/2003 7:47:22 PM
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
g0fyd
New user

Post by g0fyd »

Gerald

Thanks very much for the information on transferring the database.
I thought that was the case so will give it a try later copying the DB files and the INI.
Not sure what the problem is with autocheck. Not had this problem since the early days.
You had me thinking for a minute on personal information but it was all inputted ok.
Still think it might be staring me in the face.

Thanks for the advice.
Running AMD 1.7 athlon processor.Windows XP

Regards Ian

Ian McCabe
g0fyd
New user

Post by g0fyd »

The only way i can get the data to appear dxcc distance on the main screen is to do manual search in the prefix field.

Ian

Ian McCabe
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Ian - check that you have menu/database/Prefix - 'Auto-check' enabled, this seems the most likely explanation for missing Country Data, please also realise that in v2.3 onwards you MUST use the ENTER key to fire the Log functions, the TAB key now has ONLY navigational use.
See the "Changes.txt" file installed with the latest version.

As Gerald says, you can preserve all your previous data by copying the relative "\LOGs\+sub folder(s)" complete across to the new installation.
Shut down Winlog32 on both systems before making any such changes.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g0fyd
New user

Post by g0fyd »

Colin

Thanks for the info on the databases.

Yes I have prefix switched on.

The only way I can get info into main page is when I do a search for locator or prefix and it fires up ok.
Strange.
Ill keep having a play around but no luck so far on the auto check.

Regards Ian G0FYD

Ian McCabe
g0fyd
New user

Post by g0fyd »

Colin

Thanks for the info on the databases.

Yes I have prefix switched on.

The only way I can get info into main page is when I do a search for locator or prefix and it fires up ok.
Strange.
Ill keep having a play around but no luck so far on the auto check.

Regards Ian G0FYD

Ian McCabe
g0fyd
New user

Post by g0fyd »

Colin

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh since 2.3 you must use the enter key.(woops still using tab says mr redface)
Oh now i see it all appear after i press enter.
I didnt have 2.3 (well thats my excuse.)
Ok now I am going to crawl back into my hole.
Thanks for the help gents...all is FB here.

Regards Ian

Ian McCabe
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Glad that you figured it Ian.

No need for a red face as it has caught quite a few out judging by the emails I have received with this particular problem.

I do include a 'changes.txt' file with all recent versions, and I do recommend users read it , I try to announce as much as possible regarding the major changes, including on the news page.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author