How convert old SuperWinlog to Winlog32?

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
oe1rgu
New user

Post by oe1rgu »

Hello Winlog-User!

Till now I use the old Superwinlog 2.2 (SW) but I already have the new Winlog32 (WL) version. My problem ( and of a friend of mine) is that the old SW exports only text-files and the WL imports only ADIF -adi.files. So how can we convert our old logs to work wizh WL?

Thanks for any help - :->

Best wishes from Vienna

73 de Robert

ÓE1RGU
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Robert,

as far as I remember (but I am not sure) the database format has not changed between SuperWinlog and Winlog32. So it should be possible to just copy the SuperWL log file into the Winlog32 folder and start the program. If it works you should run the auto log check robot to update all other databases, e. g. DXCC, IOTA etc.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello guys
I did make a utility wizard to convert the old Super Winlog Log database file to one for Winlog32. These were distributed with the first few versions of Winlog32 but not with current versions.
I would NOT recommend trying to use the SWL Log database in Winlog32 - it may work but you will definately have problems as the format changed in the meantime.

Please contact me Robert and I will send you the file - I really cant remember how it worked but guess you can figure it out (was five years ago hi!).

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
la3bo
New user

Post by la3bo »

Hi,

I have been using a utility to convert between dBase format to ADIF to import into Winlog. The utility is found at http://www.qsl.net/ea7gv/imagenes/dbftoadi.zip

dBase format can be generated from text files via Excel. It is a slightly tricky procedure, but it works OK when you get used to it.

Winlog is a great program!

73 de Svein
LA3BO