AUTO-check function

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
pe1mzs
New user

AUTO-check function

Post by pe1mzs »

Hi All,

Colin did an Excellent Job all is o.k. now with the new EXE.file
you will not find such support with "professional" software
mainly you can complain there but the problem never w'll be solved

Jasper

jasper
F6GCI
New user

AUTO-check function

Post by F6GCI »

hi Colin and everybody 73
I am new writer on this forum, but I am an old lector...
Please excuse my bad english first.
I was using WINLOG32 V1.9 with the help of F0DBD, for starting some month ago.. and it is realy a good job. TNX Colin for it, once more.
I download the V2.00 and I upgrade as said. All seems ok, I can log QSO, all old QSO are in the new version,except that when I select some particularities like "allow kcs or check IOTA..." it is not enregisted at the next opening. (and the .ini file stays with the defaults)
When Iopen the menu/database/ "user" is in grey color, that means that the database is no enabled.(as I read into the WINLOG help.)
How can I do ? I use windows Me, and I have to Log one for TJ1AL and one for F6GCI.
TNX for help.

best regards

gerard F6GCI
G0CUZ
Site Admin

AUTO-check function

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

Anyone with the 'not remebered' problem with the menu items, should first check that they have the latest build nr. which should be build 7 or above, if you have any build before nr. 7 e.g. build 5, then it is likely you will have the problem if you are using non English language regional settings - you can check what build nr. you have from Winlog32 menu item - menu/help/about

Regarding the greyed out menu item "User" this is normal.
I do not supply the 'user' database, that's why it is so called, you can add you own database in the \Data folder - it must be called USER.MDB and of course must comply to the correct MS Access v3 format (Office 97-MS Access NO OTHER FORMAT ESPECIALLY NOT OFFICE 2000).

When USER.MDB has been added then the menu item will be enabled.

This is an on going feature which I have yet to make any final decisions about and has been included in v2 to 'spirit' some responses for further development and discussion of this feature.

At the moment all you will be able to do is open the "User.mdb" in it's own window within Winlog32, there is no auto-checking or other functions except printing.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
F6GCI
New user

AUTO-check function

Post by F6GCI »

hi Colin,

tnx for the quick answer.
I was using the V1.9 build 7.
I download the V2.0 build 12.
All is OK now.
The language selected in my regional settings was "français"and the region was "france".
With the V1.9, this was OK, but not with the V2.0.
I put "anglais" in language setting, and it's now correct.
The .ini is always in english... I had seen that the new settings in it was in french, I corected them in english, but without any result...I don't thing it can be provided from the regional settings because the V1.9 was running OK.
Thanks angain for all.
best 73 and regards

Gérard
F6GCI