creating a log help please

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
New user

Post by 180399 »

hello all,
ive just reinstalled v1.9 after losing it through my unstable pc the problem now is that when i go through the motions of creating a log and doing what it tells me on the screen i still cant load a log it keeps telling me there is no log availiable use change/select database button. on looking at the screenshot archive i notice that there is this button underneath the load button called change/select database but on the new version ive downloaded there is nothing underneath the load button so there fore i cant change the log and its not working, could anyone please help.
many thanks for your help
simon RS180399
rhw2
New user

Post by rhw2 »

Hi Simon.

I've only just installed v1.9 from scratch, never having used computer logging software before, so I can't help much with your problem. However, I can provide an independent data point for anybody else who may be able to help.

On my system, the "Change/Select Database" button was definitely present. However, it was NOT able to select a log that had only just been created, no matter what I did. However, once I'd exited and restarted the program, that problem went away and I was then able to load the log file I had just created.

I presume this bug is due to the valid databases only being located when the program first starts up, whereas they should be dumped and rescanned for when that button is pressed.

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG
New user

Post by 180399 »

hi riley,
strange things computers ive now got everything to work ok after installing version 1.5 and then updating it to 1.9 but the select/change database button is still not present which is strange but like i said its aok for the moment.
73s simon