WAS and/or county from LotW?

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

I just noticed that the QSL reports from LotW contain the WAS and county information. Is it possible to read these information from the ADIF file and add that to the log and/or databases? So far I did not notice that WL32 takes the WAS and/or county information.
If that would be possible I am quite sure that my numbers of confirmed WAS/counties will increase immediately.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Gerald

OK, I'll look into that and see if it is possible, the import/update function does check and IOTA and grid already so it should not be much of a problem.

Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald

I spent some (a lot) of time on this function but have encountered some unforeseen problems that make it a critical function.

The main problem being the possible duplication of county/state data which manually depend on user formatting of this data correctly.

I think it may cause me more problems than it will resolve, so I have abandoned this for now.

Sorry for negative but did try.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

many thanks for the time you spent for this topic. Just another idea: Is it possible to just copy the information into the user field? It will be possible to identify the new ones and I would manually add that into the remarks field. That would make it easier compared to copy the information from LotW´s webpage to WL32. But it will possibly cause the same problem if users fill something into the user field regularly.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald

The problem I am encountering, is that if the county name and state have already been entered into a field and it does not conform to the syntax requirement to update the WAS/USCH databases, the information from LoTW will be added again, e.g. duplicated, as it will not be possible to detect if it is already there, I know this has a small chance of occurrence, but experience tells me 'sods' law applies. (hi)

I am still thinking about how I can make this fool proof, and may experiment more as I have already added some extra functions to detect the occurrence of USCH/WAS.

73 Colin
G0CUZ