Manual entry

Any useful tips you can offer fellow users can be posted here.
VE7ABC
New user

Manual entry

Post by VE7ABC »

Good Day All.
I've had WINLOG 32 installed for some time and I am now going to make it my only logging program. I've installed around 17000 odd previous Q's and all seems well and good. These were from my old faithful WIN EQF (Tom's version) program. My old computer worked on windows 7, but the new one is windows 10, and the program only sort of works on windows 10.
My question to the group has to do with manually entering prior QSO's. I've located some lost log sheets and I would like to enter them in my log. There are 4 sheets, with 25 entries per sheet. Most are HF contacts, but back in the day I used to also log my 2 meter contacts when operating from the base station. What I want to do is enter the following: Call, date, time, frequency (including 2 meters). I also want to make sure that my log book is sorted by date: from my first contact in 1977 to my last contact of yesterday.
Any and all help is much appreciated.
73..de..Graham
VE7ABC/VA7TT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Manual entry

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Graham

RE: entering manually, should be no problem - the original design of winlog32 was to make the process of copying paper logs as painless as possible
After entering your QSO they will be sorted into correct date/time order (provided you have added this to the log) when you next load the log (LOAD button).

Disable the auto-Date function (main toolbar item#1). There is an option, to 'keep date current' in main options/setting Tab 'date', this will insert the date from previously entered QSO, it makes things easier if entering QSO on same date.

Remember to use the keyboard 'enter' key to auto fill Band/Mode etc. It will depend on what detail you want to add from paper log, but the 'speed log settings can also help.

Not sure what you mean about Windows 10 limitations, I run most of my installations on Win10, and have no problems, you can email me and discuss direct if there is any specific problem.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
VE7ABC
New user

Re: Manual entry

Post by VE7ABC »

Thanks for the answer Colin. The windows 10 limitations have nothing to do with Winlog 32, but rather WinEqf.

73..de..Graham
VE7ABC