LoTW

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW

Post by G0CUZ »

If you are using LoTW (ARRL 'Logbook of The World') or maybe plan to use it sometime in the future, you need the new Winlog32 version, I have invested a lot of freetime in the last couple of months on development and testing the new LoTW Manager, so I look forward to some feedback from present users.
It is absolutely necessary to view the help document I have prepared

www.winlog.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/winlog/help/lotw.htm

The new version has a few other improvements too e.g. mouse-wheel scrolling on some of the windows.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0BLB
Keen user

LoTW

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin
New version working fine well done.
73 Rich
G0BLB
kiscomd
Keen user

LoTW

Post by kiscomd »

Hi Colin,

Updated to v. 5.4.3 today. Question about new LOTW export:
In prior versions, the QSO number on the LOTW export page used to track the QSO number listed on the Log Page. Now it does not - it has been increased by about 30,000. The new higher export number does match the actual QSO correctly, so I can still upload to LOTW properly.

It's a bit confusing having the numbers on the LOTW export screen no longer match the Log Page. Have I done something wrong here?

Thanks!

Mike K2CBI
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Mike

It is worth reading through the help I have prepared and provided a link to in OP, I beleive it explains all.

If you still have any concerns, then please continue to post your comments of course

I knew that the differing numbers would be confusing until you realise why, so I did spend some time preparing the help file.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
kiscomd
Keen user

LoTW

Post by kiscomd »

Thank you Colin. I did read the help file. No way to match it to the QSO number in the log?

Mike
K2CBI
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Mike

The QSONo is a unique reference number for the QSO, it has no relationship to the position of the QSO in the log, the log by default, is sorted by Date/Time, so high QSONO numbers can exist at the start or any point in the log when old dated QSOs are added (etc).

You can easily position the LoTW manager to any QSO and then grab that 'QSONo' for that QSO by following the procedure in the LoTW help file, I could have in fact hiden the number but it could have some practical uses.

I am not sure why you feel you need to match the QSONO with the position of the 'relative QSO number' in the Log, the 'relative' number as you see in the lower task bar is an arbitary count and can change relative to the QSO in some circumstances.
Whereas QSONO is a unique incremented reference for each QSO added to the log, its always been there for internal use, the fact that this number can not be changed (even programmatically) adds to the security of this reference.
Earlier versions came unstuck when saving the export points (with the relative number) when older dated QSO were added to the log or the sort order was changed or deletions had occured.
This is where the new version keeps more accurate track of the QSO last uploaded, it's not infalible but it is the best possible solution.

Hope this explains

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
kiscomd
Keen user

LoTW

Post by kiscomd »

Again, thank you Colin. I will get used to it. I love Winlog32!

Mike
K2CBI
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW

Post by G0CUZ »

On the subject of LoTW.

I see that ARRL have announced the availability of a new TQSL v1.13 as of 30/09/2010

This one solves the problem with 'Certificate out of date' bug (when it isn't) when trying to load .p12 file on another computer.

There may some other improvements too - but the above really bugged me....
I haven't tried it yet but it will be OK this time I'm sure.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Myrton
New user

LoTW

Post by Myrton »

It works just great. Many Thanks. Now to remember how to install the maps.
73 / Myrton

"Find solutions, not fault."
AA1E
New user

LoTW

Post by AA1E »

Hello Colin, Just being a nuisance!! I can't find a single thing to complain about!! Even uploaded new version at lotw!! I guess I will have to become a power user to find anything!! Great Work Colin.
Jake AA1E

Jason R. Sartwell