Log Check Robot errors

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
kc5zfz
New user
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:02 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by kc5zfz » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I run the Log check robot for anything, I get a bunch of errors like this:

"U.S.A. (291) Logged entity code differs from that indicated by Callsign: N8BJQ () DO YOU WISH TO CORRECT THIS?
"

If I click yes, it says "No entity code for N8BJQ - can not update"

It's very annoying, what do I need to do to fix it?

G0CUZ
Site Admin
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:12 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by G0CUZ » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

Hi

Did you obtain your lotw.adi report using Winlohg32 LoTW Manager 'Request report'? or did you download the report from the LoTW site manually?

The error should not occur when using Winlog32 download method ...

The latest version has a fix for this particular problem, but I recommend that you download the report from within Winlog32 as this will include the DXCC tags for your LoTW QSOs enabling Winlog32 update routines to check the Logged entity corresponds with that given by the QSO details from LoTW.



73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

kc5zfz
New user
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:02 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by kc5zfz » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

I used Winlog's LoTW Manager to request the report from the LOTW servers. It downloaded lotwreport.adi file to my desktop. I then clicked the import and update button and pointed to that file.

kc7i
New user
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:59 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by kc7i » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

I am getting the same entity code messages, even with version 5.3.8
I tried downloading a new PrefixData.tpl file. When I place it in the Data directory, it gets deleted when I run Winlog32, and a new file Prefix.ldb appears, but it is only 64 bytes long.
Using the Search Prefix does work as always.
I don't use LOTW. Do I need to disable it somewhere?

G0CUZ
Site Admin
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:12 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by G0CUZ » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

Are you referring the Log Check Robot?

If the entity code in the log is wrong when you run the robot - which now checks the logged entity code against that in the prefix database -
this is not an error but an attempt by the robot to correct the codes in the Log which are essential for correct operation of the Log.

Is this happening for every QSO in your Log, or is it just the occasional QSO needs updating?

If it is every QSO then it could be that the log was never updated correctly from pre version 4.1, where there were significant changes in this respect.

The update required the log Check robot to populate the Log 'Code' field - with all update options preferrably disabled, first check that the 'code' field in your Log is populated - this is the last field in the log View window, this filed is normally hidden but the field can be 'dragged' out for viewing.

Incidentally, the prefixdata.tpl file contains the prefix update information, after Winlog32 updates the Prefix datbase - this file is automatically deleted, so don't worry about it.

If you get stuck, then please let me have an email direct and I'll try and sort it for you.



73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

OZ2HT
New user
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:45 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by OZ2HT » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

Sorry ... Little off topic
Colin , I really like to have the code field ON all the time ?
Not a big deal to set it on after starting WL , but you know , I´m lazy :-)


Vy 73 de jorn

G0CUZ
Site Admin
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:12 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by G0CUZ » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

First in reponse to initial problems, there was two different issues with the errors reported, one being in the LoTW update and another in the Log Check Robot, both now should be finally fixed for version 5.3.9.

The errors would only appear in certain circumstances, but now i think I have covered all possible settings.
Sorry for all the trouble guys......

In response to your request Jorn, this is done and this too will be available in next release.




73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

OZ2HT
New user
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:45 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by OZ2HT » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

Thanks Colin !!

Vy 73 de jorn

André
New user
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Log Check Robot errors

Post by André » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

Hi Colin and WLusers,

Got the same logrobot errors, after the change of the database a few updates ago.
If you like I can post some screencaptures of the faults I get. It seems to have been a typing error, so when first entered a qso as UY it seems to get a countrycode for Ukraine, but when I correct it the log to YU (as it should be) the country code number seems to be still that for Ukraine.
The logrobot find this fault everytime, it doesn't seems to be able to correct it.
When searching with the robot again it finds the same fault.

Hope this makes sense.

73 André hwo

G0CUZ
Site Admin
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:12 am

Log Check Robot errors

Post by G0CUZ » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am

Hi Andre

I did just replicate this scenario e.g. changing logged UY to YU, the log robot found the error and corrected it by replacing the country code, running the robot again and the error from the country code is gone.

New version is now available v5.3.9 although I am sure this particular problem was fixed a couple of releases ago, try again with new version



73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

Post Reply