WL32 and WAS

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Fred
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Fred »

Hi all,
Pascal F5LEN wrote a script (http://www.f5len.org/tools/fcc/) to insert in your log the state and conty for US stations.
First you upload your ADI log, which is added with 2 fields (stat, county) and then you import in your logbook the modifier ADI file.
I couln not manage to import properly and use the file in WL32.
My question is: is it possible to add fields in the log?

Any experience?

F4EOP
Fred
Vlasta
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Vlasta »

Hi Fred,
I have no experience with it but I use WAS and USCH (county) which are in WL32 and works very well. So why you want to implement some other?
73 Vlasta OK1FIM
Fred
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Fred »

Hi Vlasta,
The problem is that I did not noticed whitch state/county for each US QSO at the time I made them. Now I would like to avoid a "by hand" upgrade in my whole log. I am looking for an automatic way of achieving this goal.
May be WL32 offers this capability but I don't know how.
The robot will perform the right analysis assuming all QSO are correctly filled. This is not my case.
May be I need a little more explanation from your way to do.

Fred F4EOP
Vlasta
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Vlasta »

Hi Fred, you are right. You have to write the county and state to the WL32 window and it is long and difficult work, hi. I also have the same problem so I have tried to use the program you wrote (f5len.org...) but it does not work to me, sorry. May be the fault is on my side, I sent my US adif log but replay is the error 404 .......
But I guess that the new adif will be not useable to WL32 because there will be two new fields but it must say Colin.
So sorry for now but I will do some other attempts with it.
73 Vlasta
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WL32 and WAS

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

Have been reading this thread, I think I understand the situation, however where do we get the 'County' info from?
The only reliable method would be at time of QSO or from the QSL card?
I am not sure about LoTW - if this info would be available in the download. I think that retrieving from a Callbook would not be a reliable method as the info could be out-of-date.
I am always happy to try and improve things in Winlog32, so input is always welcome.
I am a County Hunter myself so I will be very please to help fellow CH'ers.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Vlasta
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Vlasta »

Hi Colin and Fred,
I have been finaly succesful with it, UFB. I had to transfer the US stns log to other LOG (sorry but adif from WL32 is not acceptable to f5len), sent it to f5len and it made a new adif what I afterward load to WL32 and it is OK in Remarks window. I only do not know how to change the old US stns for those new ones because it will make duplicate QSOs. I tried it to new (clear) log only. I put there 88 QSOs only and after must be activated the Log Check Robot.
I am going to try to put there more qsos.
So 73 and GL, Vlasta
Vlasta
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Vlasta »

Hi all,
so I tried it with 1225 QSOs and it seems to be too much so I divided on two parts and OK. I think it works QSOs dated since 1993 year.
Has anybody some experiens?
I think it is very useful script, tnx to F5LEN.
73 Vlasta
Fred
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Fred »

Hi,
As wrote F5LEN to introduce his software, the data come from the FCC database. This database is supposed to be up to date.
Also, he points 2 limitations:
-the callsign must be in the FCC database
-as the county is a deduction of the actual adress of the station, there is no guaranty it works well for former QSO.
(translation from here http://www.f5len.org/index.php?category=4 )

I am surprised when Vlasta says WL32 ADI output file is not acceptable to F5LEN, as long as it is with TQSL and LoTW. I don't know what are the rules in the ADI file generation.

My experience showed that I could create the ADI file with WL32, upload it to F5LEN website, download the modified ADI file (2 new fiels where added for US stations), but by importing this file in a new log database in WL32, I could not see the new informations appear and even genuine informations desappaered...
So my previous question was: is it possible to add in WL32 new fields that could be taken into account by the robot.

Fred F4EOP
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WL32 and WAS

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Fred

It is not possible to add new fields, existing fields have to cope witt all data in the best way possible, if it is too much it is appended, this is the nature of ADIF between logging programs - they do not all have the same number of fields or capacity.

The State County information is carried by the Remarks field, in the format

COUNTY CTY STATE

If you can send me a sample of your already converted ADIF file, I will see what the problem is, it may be because a Winlog32 file is treated differently when a Winlog32 ADIF file re-imported into Winlog32 than that exported by another program.
I will be more sure when I can inspect the modified ADIF header and ADIF data.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Fred
New user

WL32 and WAS

Post by Fred »

Hi Colin,
The file is in your email box

Fred F4EOP