VISTA runtime error: MSWinsock.ocx

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
EI4HQ
New user

Post by EI4HQ »

Hi,

Struggling to find a logging program that works with VISTA. I've just installed Winlog, however I get the following runtime error when I try and launch the program:

---------------------------
wl32
---------------------------
Run-time error '339':

Component 'MsWinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I don't blame Winlog; VISTA has been a nightmare, but I'm stuck with it for reasons I'm not going into here... Can anyone suggest a resolution to the above?

Cormac
EI4HQ
[Cork/UTC+1] NNNN++++
OZ2HT
New user

Post by OZ2HT »

Vista is just running great ... No problem at all, simpli the best ever from Microsoft ! - My appinion :-)... Ohhh , there was the "Workstation 4" , it was great to.
I have used WL32 with Vista 32, from the first test version , and the last 2 years with Vista x64 ... I think the problem you might have is , that in Vista you will have to put WL32 in the root ( Direct on your C:Winlog32 ) , and NOT like XP in " Programs File " !
I think you also can put it on others drives , like this " D: Winlog32" ,
Hope this help you !

Vy 73 de jorn
EI4HQ
New user

Post by EI4HQ »

Hey Jorn,

Thanks for the response - unfortunately its installed in c:\winlog...

I think the issue is a missing VB runtime dll or something, but not sure exactly what...

I've another Vista PC here - I'll try installing on that and see if I can recreate the problem, if not, then I've a specific issue on the original machine...

Cormac
EI4HQ
[Cork/UTC+1] NNNN++++
EI4HQ
New user

Post by EI4HQ »

It looks like the problem could be this - one for the WinLog author I'm afraid...

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=501675

Cormac
EI4HQ
[Cork/UTC+1] NNNN++++
EI4HQ
New user

Post by EI4HQ »

Installed successfully on another VISTA laptop...

Cormac
EI4HQ
[Cork/UTC+1] NNNN++++
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

This is most likely a security issue of which there are many enforced by Vista.

If you are NOT logged on with 'Administrator' permissions, then you are in Vistas 'idiot'? mode.

I don't use Vista myself but have been advised that you can try this.

Uninstall Winlog32.

Click on Start menu, click on the little picture at the very top of the list, disable the UAC (User Account Control) (you can also find this option in Control Panel but the above is a shortcut)

Try installing Winlog32 again.

If Winlog32 installed OK and the program runs then go back and turn back on the idiot mode (enable the UAC) - if this concerns you and you are not sure what this does then I suggest that you find out for yourself before making the decision about haveing this enabled or disabled and not let me influence you.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
André
New user

Post by André »

I got the same error 339 on one of my XP machines.

André pe1hwo