ADIF using Vista

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Henwoodnick
New user

ADIF using Vista

Post by Henwoodnick »

I am trying unsuccessfully to export an ADIF log. It should be going into Winlog/Output but there is nothing there. I works OK on the version on my laptop (which has XP) but the log I want is stuck on my Vista machine. Ideas please?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

ADIF using Vista

Post by G0CUZ »

Winlog32 should NOT be installed into the ..\Program Files folder on Vista, install into ..\HAM\Winlog32 or any other suitable folder outside of ..\program files, and my advice is to steer clear of the \program files folder for all other ham related software - where you may want manual access to files etc.

Please don't ask me to explain this security issue built into Vista because I can not make any sense of it, I'm sure it is well documented elsewhere.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
kiscomd
Keen user

ADIF using Vista

Post by kiscomd »

Look for your ADIF file in: C:/Users/Your Name/App Data/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files/Winlog32/Output.
Very Arcane! I agree with Colin. Stay away from the "Program Files" directory for programs not specifically designed for Vista.

Mike
K2CBI
Mt. Kisco, NY