Latest Updates

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0BLB
Keen user

Latest Updates

Post by G0BLB »

Hi all, help please, with my menu, latest updates when I click on connect it says connected with current version I get 3 yes on the left window but the Downloads on the right do not be come activated is there something else I need do
73 Rich G0BLB
g6fop
New user

Latest Updates

Post by g6fop »

Hi all
I also have the same problem. The download boxes remain inactive.

Kevin
G6FOP
73 es GDX

Edited by - g6fop on 23/08/2005 11:31:20 AM
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Latest Updates

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

first you have to be connected to the internet, then click on the connect button on the left bottom. The download buttons are getting active here afterwards. No problem at all.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg

Edited by - dl4kg on 23/08/2005 6:51:52 PM
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0BLB
Keen user

Latest Updates

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Gerald I am connected 24hrs a day but it will not work it says I am connected but the downloads do not open 73 Rich G0BLB
m1arf
New user

Latest Updates

Post by m1arf »

Hi all,

I also have the same problem, I was runing v2.8.23, I manualy updated to v2.8.29, v2.8.36 and then v2.8.37.
I get the three (YESes) but the download buttons remain greyed out in all four versions.

Do I have a windows setting wrong somewhere, running XP Pro SP2.

73 Derek M1ARF
g6fop
New user

Latest Updates

Post by g6fop »

Hi
I have a 24/7 2 Mb connection and cannot download the updates from Winlog32.
Using Win XP Home and Sygate Firewall which was set to allow all.

Kevin
G6FOP
73 es GDX
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Latest Updates

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

I am getting 4 YES but the version shows v2.8.29 for an available update while I am already running v2.8.37 (downloaded manually). All 4 buttons are becoming active if I press the "connect" button. So far it is working for me. I am running Win XP home edition on a AMD 2600+ processor.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0BLB
Keen user

Latest Updates

Post by G0BLB »

Hi All I am still having trouble with the downloads but now I find I down loaded the maps got them in the winlog maps ok but the new maps will not come up when I put in the country it will not bring up a map button any body else having some problem
Rich G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Latest Updates

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Rich

You will need the latest Prefix database update to work with any new maps added to the collection.

If the Winlog32 'Latest updates' is not working then you can still download the prefix database update manually from the Winlog32 web site.

Regarding the 'Latest Update' problem, I have been checking through the code and can see nothing amiss, it certainly working on my system and also test system, both on XP Pro SP2 but if we can find a common denominator then it will give some clues hopefully, so please lets have some comments from other users if it is working for them or not, with operating system and connection type.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0BLB
Keen user

Latest Updates

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Everybody

I think that I know what is causing the problem as it relates to my "Norton AntiSpam" popups and adblocking settings.

When I connect after turning off the popup and adblocking then the four Download boxes become live, but this leaves me vulnerable to ads and popups. I have tried allowing certain winlog filenames and addresses when configuring Norton Antispam but no luck so far with working out what filename or http address I need to allow.

Any help on how I should configure my Norton Antispam and what filename or http address I should allow.

73 Rich

G0BLB