IOTA Spot

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0BLB
Keen user

IOTA Spot

Post by G0BLB »

Hi All,
Please can any body tell me why I am not receiving in colour a required IOTA spot on the cluster now, when it appears I am using the latest download ? I probably need to do some thing my end any help.
73s Rich,
G0BLB
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

IOTA Spot

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Rich,

have you checked the autocheck function in the DX-cluster menue? You´ll find it if you go to database -> dxcluster -> edit -> ? -> auto check -> auto check IOTA.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0BLB
Keen user

IOTA Spot

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Gerald,
Thank you for your help but I all ready had the tick in Auto Check I think mybe a problem with the latest download perhaps unless you have another solution.
73s Rich
G0BLB
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

IOTA Spot

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Rich,

as I didn´t care a lot on IOTA, I thought all is working fine here. But I found that I have the same "problem" here now. SO you may be right that something happened with the last release while Colin implemeted the band option for the IOTA database.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
VK6CJL
New user

IOTA Spot

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi All,
I've got the same problem with the IOTA spots
I'm sure Colin will sort it out on the next
release.
Other than that no problems.

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

IOTA Spot

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi All.

I am not sure if there was a problem in the last release as I have moved on a bit since then, but a thing you need to set is the Alarm/Band in the DXCluster options as the IOTA spot checking is now multi-band like with DXCC, it may well be there was a bug though but anyway.......
Since the last release I have worked on the IOTA and locator grid parsing and checking, it is much improved (AND WORKING!).
I have added the option to double-click a likely spot in the Cluster display for a 'pop-up' with IOTA info and a Worked/Confirmed list, same action occurs if it finds a Grid Locator.
The parsing for both IOTA na d Grid infos is much better and acting on the whole string, I can still not resolve some issues main problem being the IOTA/Grid info entered incorrectly - a space character added like "EU 005", or with Locator Grids like "IO-82", lets try and discourage this form of reporting on the cluster.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author