SQL

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
onl5923
New user

SQL

Post by onl5923 »

Hi Colin and everyone,

I want a list of all the different Locators I have confirmed. Loc are in the "remarks column "in my log. Making a list is not a problem. But I keep getting dupes. I know the filter is ding its job and it is me who doesn't know how to use it :). So what do I have to do in order to get a list with all different locators in all the modes but so that I only get different loc and not two times the same one even if it is in another mode or band.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

SQL

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

This is a difficult query to run on the Log, you should instead query the VHF Locator database although thia should already have what you require.

If you require ONLY one locator irrespective of band then you should use a plug-in for the Custom Search.

Copy the following text into a text editor e.g. Notepad and save in the Winlog\Plugin folder such as MYVHFPlug.PLG

Only clip relative section below into Notepad!

;Plugin Commands...
;
;PlugInTitle=TITLEHERE - Title for this Plugin - this appears in the drop down list
;HelpString=HELPME! - Help Information on Plugin
;SQL=SQLQUERY :BOX1: - SQL to execute, use :BOX1: to input numbers, text etc.
;Catagory=Date Specific - Places Plugin in "Date" category.
;ExclusiveDB=LOG - Tablename in database, (appears in Load log window on log database)
; - Leave blank for "(General)"
;Box1Title=LABELHERE - Label to place beside the input (:BOX1:) box
;Box1Type=TEXT/DATE/ETC - Box Type (Not used extensivly yet)

[PluginInfo]
PluginName=VHF database
PluginAuthor=G0CUZ
PluginVersion=1.00

[VHFLocator]
PlugInTitle=All Locators worked
SQL=Select Distinct Locator, Callsign from Worked order by Locator
Category=VHF
ExclusiveDB=VHF
HelpString=Select ALL Locators from VHF Locator database sort by Locator

Remove this and all below....
Notice the DISTINCT command in the SQL query.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author