Help Required Please

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M0MTD
New user

Help Required Please

Post by M0MTD »

Hi all

I want to utilise the Callbook facility to use on my QRZ.com CD Winter 2001-Winter 2002, RSGB Callbook 2002 and 2003 and also Radio Amateurs Callbook 2002.

Can't seem to getany of them to work with Winlog32 v1.8.

Could anyone please help.

Best 73's
Tony M3TDC (Hull)
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Help Required Please

Post by G0CUZ »

Winlog32 supports three external International Callbooks, "Radio Amateurs Callbook", "Hamcall" and "QRZ Callbook". RSGB Callbook is not supported at this time.

To setup this option.....

Open the Winlog32 Callbook Window, Menu/Databases/Callbook/External/OPEN

Select one of the three callbook options from the drop down list.

Set the Drive path letter for your CD Rom drive e.g. D:\

Run a test Callsign Search using the Search box to confirm that the Callbook is recognised.

Press the HIDE button or close button

Enable the option Menu/Databases/Callbook/External/Autocheck.

This will run a search on any Callsign entered into the log.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
m3tdc
New user

Help Required Please

Post by m3tdc »

Hi again

Many thanks for the email and info here. I did all that before but unable to recognise the CDROMs for QRZ and for RAC. Thats what prompted the mail.

"Run a test Callsign Search using the Search box to confirm that the Callbook is recognised" Won't recognise my CDROM.

Can run the CROMS in their own right but not thru the program.

Thanks
Tony M3TDC

Best 73's Tony M3TDC
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Help Required Please

Post by G0CUZ »

The Winlog32 Callbook functions are dependant on proprietory DLL files for the Callbook's interface, in respect of RAC this would be RACCD32A.DLL and for QRZ the file is QRZ32.DLL
Check that you have these file(s) installed on your system, they would be in either \SYSTEM or in the case of NT4-2000-XP in the \SYSTEM32 folder.

These files would normally be installed by Winlog32 during the install process, unless you have installed a very early version.

These files may also be on your respective Callbook CD's? and could be copied into \System.

Without these files the Callbook function will not work, unfortunately I don't have the latest RAC or QRZ Callbooks available to test that these DLL's still work on the latest versions of RAC/QRZ, but I would imagine that they should work OK.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
m3tdc
New user

Help Required Please

Post by m3tdc »

Hi Colin

Many thanks. That seems to have done the trick. Works OK now.
Cheers
Tony M3TDC

Best 73's Tony M3TDC