where's mi log gone !!!!!!!!!!

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
mw3jnp
New user

Post by mw3jnp »

Strewth! all I was doing was trying to save my log onto floppy and in the proccess it has dissapeared off the data base and comes up with a blank red box telling me there's no log does anyone know where it's gone to ???????.
MW3JNP Jackie
I have just found that my log HAS backed up onto my hard drive can I get it back to my log or is it not possible. Thanks in advance

Edited by - mw3jnp on 03/08/2002 10:28:47 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jackie

I have no explantion for your log database disapearing, but firstly check the Winlog\Logs folder - your database should be there (the one with a .LOG extension), if it is there then.....
You can select the log database from Winlog32's Menu\Options\Database-backup (on the latest version you can do from the main screen without loading the options window.).
When you have done this and closed 'Options' the LOG name should be in the flashing red box, press LOAD and the log should be loaded as before.
If the log file is missing from the \LOGS folder on your hard drive, you can restore the back-up log database manually by copying it back into the Winlog\LOGS folder - afterwards you may still have to select it as above.

I do not recommend backing up your log database onto your hard drive unless you have a seperate hard drive or at least a partitioned hard drive as this really defeats the object of a back-up.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author