winpack

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
onl5923
New user

winpack

Post by onl5923 »

Hi Colin and everyone,

I have just updated Winlog to 1.7 and also installed Winpack 6.7 on my PC. Do I need to do anything more to get this thing going?? I suppose I have to fill in the node and cluster to be able to connect. Can anyone help??

I read the help files on Winpack but with my little knowledge of "PC language"
there is not much that I understand about it.

Let me say that I am still very happy to have chosen Winlog for my logging programme.

73, and tnx in advance.
de Peter, ONL5923
PS I will be at Epsom 16 June. and happy to meet other "winloggers"
G0CUZ
Site Admin

winpack

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Peter

It's such a long time since I looked closely at Winpack, I'm sure I'm not the best to advise you on 'settings', but first thing you need to do, is set up your TNC to work with Winpack, if you have already done this then you will
need some knowledge on what DXClusters are available to you in your area - as a SWL I guess you would not be able to connect to them but it may be possible to monitor a (VHF) frequency if a local station is using local nodes to link to the cluster.
You would have to rely on that station being connected to the DXCluster at the time you are monitoring.
You may be able to monitor the actual DXCluster output itself, but usually these are at low power and you would need to be within a few kilometers on 2m/70cm.

If you have regular Internet access, you may find it more convenient to use one of the web based DXClusters, the DXTelnet program provides this facility and also can link into Winlog32.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author