Help for 'help section

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
ZL2BMH
Keen user

Help for 'help section

Post by ZL2BMH »

Hello All.

Please note, that a computer and me don't like each other.

Anyway, I cannot make out what I should do when, after reading the help section which can be found on the v1.7 then download it. At the beginning of the special help board it states quote ;it is recommended that you make the usual back-up's of the following files before continuing.

Unzip the W32.exe and replace existing file.
Unzip gowin32.dll to windows\system (if required)
and Unzip prefix mdb to Winlog\data replacing existing log.

I know that just about all of you can understand this. But I just don't know what to do in regards to the above. I don't know what or which I should copy (back-up)

I am looking forward to the new version, I hope that I can get v1.7 up and running as soon as...

Regards
Jim (ZL2BMH)
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Help for 'help section

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jim

Regarding or question on what files to back-up, it is mearly a precaution to back-up these files in case you encounter a problem with the new files, most of the time it should be OK but it would be easier to change back to the original files without having to re-install. In my experience...it's if in doubt - back-up!

Essentially backup WL32.exe and Prefix.MDB as these were the ones with major modifications.

If you do not intend to use the golist/gowin (QSL Manager) database then you will not need to worry about the DLL file mentioned (incidentally it doesn't need backing up either).

Hope this helps.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author