CALLBOOK

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
gi3ydh
New user

CALLBOOK

Post by gi3ydh »

Recently I had to reinstall Windows XP.
Winlog32 was working perfectly before the reinstall but now I find that when I enter a callsign into the log my CD containing the Amateur Radio Callbook will not start up to show details of the callsign. If I try to bring up the details using "Database\Callbook" on the toolbar, the CD still will not start.
The dialog box comes up where the details of the callsign should appear, but in this box there is a message "Unexpected Error:3"
I have checked the Winlog.ini file and the correct drive is entered as is the name of the Callbook (Amateur Radio Callbook). I have been using Winlog32 for a long time now and this has never happened before.

Any ideas ?.

Mark GI3YDH
G0CUZ
Site Admin

CALLBOOK

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi
Although Mark has resolved this particular problem, for other readers with similar problems I include the following comments:

Winlog32 gets data from the "Radio Amateurs Callbook" (RAC) via their propriety DLL file, I am bound by its restrictions.

Make sure that you have the file "RACCD32a.DLL" in your Windows\System or \Sytem32 (NT/2000/XP) folder, this may be installed with RAC, Winlog32 or manually.

The access from Winlog32 must be to a valid CDRom drive, which must be entered into the 'Callbook' window in WL32, it does not support hard drive installations of RAC (although there may be ways you can find around that one!).

The DLL file may not support early editions of the RAC.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g0rdp
New user

CALLBOOK

Post by g0rdp »

Hi Colin.

Whilst on the CD call Book question, another query !.

With the call Book Auto Check enabled - if a call is entered to the log which is not on the CD the window does not appear (as expected).

The cursor however does not advance to the date Field. Using ESC will return to the Call Sign Field but entering again repeats the sequence.

The only way to get to the Date Field is to find the mouse, and I hate using a mouse for logging. Am I missing a KEYSTROKE ?.

ALT H works OK to remove a valid check box and advance the cursor to the date Field.

Regards

David.

David
G0CUZ
Site Admin

CALLBOOK

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi David

Well I had to go back and check this out myself as I remember there was a bug in this area which I can't recall, anyway it is working as expected now - tested on RAC, obviously if auto-date-time is ON cursor will advance to Band select though. Otherwise cursor will return to DATE field, let me know if you still have this problem in next version (v1.7).

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author