PJ2

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0HVQ
New user

PJ2

Post by G0HVQ »

Just worked a PJ2 which I think is Curacao in the Netherlands Antilles, however Winlog32 is coming up with St Maarten, which I thought was PJ7? I know the PJ prefixes are a bit confusing so is PJ2 different to PJ7?

And thanks Colin, excellent program, use it for my station log now all the time.

73 Darrell G0HVQ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

PJ2

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Darrell

According to my info PJ1-4 & PJ9 is Neth. Antillies, PJ5 - PJ8 is St. Maarten

I just checked on my own installlation of WL and PJ2 gives Neth. Antillies as expected.
Check that you have a recent Prefix database, Menu/Databases/Prefix - updated (= date released) you may need a more recent one?
If you do have a recent one then maybe there is more to this, anyone else with this problem?

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
ZL3GA
New user

PJ2

Post by ZL3GA »

Hi Darrell and Colin,
I bet you worked PJ2MI? The prefix database shows PJ2M as an obselete St Maarten prefx.... Over to you Colin for a suggested solution, mine would be somewhat inelegant [;-)]
PJ2MI is definately in Curacao according to QRZ.com

Congrats Darrell, new one?
73 es gud dx de Geoff ZL3GA
G0HVQ
New user

PJ2

Post by G0HVQ »

Hi Geoff, yes it was PJ2MI for a new one...on 6m, that's 110 DXCC now.

Did a bit of searching here on the web and yes PJ2M did used to be St Maarten but PJ2 is now Netherlands Antilles. Suppose I could always prefix the call with PJ2/ for the sake of the log.

73 & enjoy the peak of the cycle,
Darrell G0HVQ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

PJ2

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the interest in the PJ's, yep I remember the first PJ2MI from yonks ago, I can correct the database if you are sure PJ2MI is now in Curacao.
Does anyone know the date when PJ2M (Maarten) was obsolete, I need the approx. date (even year will be close enough) then I can update the Prefix database, so that any old entries of PJ2M will also show correct.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

PJ2

Post by G0CUZ »

ADDENUM
The latest JAN/FEB 2002 prefix database (available now) has this particular problem corrected, I still do no know when PJ2M stopped being St.Maarten so I have set the database from 1990 to accept PJ2M as Neth. Antilles and before 1990 it will give St. Maarten until I have the correct information available.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0HVQ
New user

PJ2

Post by G0HVQ »

Colin,

Many thanks for sorting this out. Maybe able to provide more info on the 'new' PJ2MI when the card comes back, went out in the post about a week ago.

Darrell G0HVQ
gi6atz
New user

PJ2

Post by gi6atz »

Hi All

Regarding the PJ2MI. I have now received his card and the address is

Curacao
Netherland Antillies

Hope this helps

regards Gordon