change Country Code in all Databases

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
dl1pan
Keen user

change Country Code in all Databases

Post by dl1pan »

Hello Oms, if I double-click in the "Callsign" window I can change the country code. That works perfectly.
Now I have some qsos in the log that I have to change afterwards because the country code was wrong. The correct country is now displayed in the window to the right, but this country code is not adopted in the "Database" DXCC and WAE etc. Not even when I use the Log check robot.
If I change the code in the DXcc database manually, it works. But then I have to change it manually in the WAE list. etc. Who knows where this correct entry is missing.
What is the easiest way to change these QSOs so that they are correctly adopted in DXCC and WAE and in all databases?

I hope you can understand my problem.

73 de DL1PAN, Andreas
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Re: change Country Code in all Databases

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Andreas,

one solution should be to delete the WAE etc. databases (in the logs folder) and run the log check robot afterwards.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
dl1pan
Keen user

Post by dl1pan »

Hello Gerald, thank you for your message.
I tested it and deleted the folder (dxcc) in the database. That is very dangerous. The only way to restore Winlog was to put the folders back in from a backup. Then I tried to clear just the contents of the dxcc bank. That didn't work either.
Because I always got error messages afterwards.
Maybe I also took the wrong route of deletion. But if it works somehow, it takes a lot of time until the Logrobot runs over it.

Another idea (-;

73 de Andreas
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Andreas,

I found the follwoing in the help file regarding the LCR:
A primary function of the LCR is to scan the Log for incorrect or absent DXCC entity codes, updating where they may be considered incorrect or missing, e.g. after speed logging, contest operation or freshly imported ADIF files.
ALL OPTIONS MUST BE DISABLED, run the LCR through the Log in the normal manner.
To ensure accuracy, this is the first requirement before the LCR database update options are used.

Most of the options refer to the ancillary database list in the main menu/Databases and are self explanatory.
Only enable those of interest, as each enabled option increases the processing time.
A few options have other functions; some described here and others described in the LCR 'Advanced' section.

I think you have to run the LCR, I don´t see another option. I am sure that you can delete the mdb-files without data loss. If you run the LCR these databases will be created from scratch. And yes, running the LCR make take a lot of time depending on the number of your log entries.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG