Rigs Function

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
dl1pan
Keen user

Rigs Function

Post by dl1pan »

Hello, I have this little problem. I installed Winlog on a new computer. Now when I click on Rig's Icom Rig 1, it just puts an empty window in the system tray. When I click on the taskbar, the empty field quickly goes beyond the top of the screen and when I click again it goes back down. When I open RIG 2 it works wonderfully. Why? On my old PC it worked with RIG 1 too. However, this function ran on a different Com site.
Has anyone ever encountered this little problem? Yes, I can of course use RIG 2, but I would like to know why that is.

73 de Andreas
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Rigs Function

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Andreas

You can correct this manually.

Please follow these instructions:

Close Winlog32

Open Windows File Manager and navigate to your folder ..\Winlog32

You will see a file called 'Winlog.INI' (or it may be just "Winlog" if no file extension showing)

Right-click this file and choose "open with" and "Notepad"

This file contains the Winlog32 settings, you will see a big list of values.

Scroll down until you find this EXACT heading

[RIGCONTROL]

Scroll down the associated settings in this heading group for these two values

Rig_Left=2805
Rig_Top=2280

The number values will be different from those in my example (these two settings are the Icom Rig Control#1 window position)

Completely REMOVE these two setting lines and any line spaces

**SAVE** the file and then Start Winlog32

The Icom#1 RCW window will now be in the default position for you to adjust to where you want.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
dl1pan
Keen user

Re: Rigs Function

Post by dl1pan »

Hello Colin, I just wanted to write that after many attempts I have found a solution. Then I saw your entry.
I copied the RIG part from the INI from an empty new installation and inserted it there. That worked.
But after your explanation, I now know why that didn't work. The placeholder was wrong. (-;
Thank you very much for your hint. Your way is the easier one
Now everything is 100% perfect again and I am satisfied

73 de Andreas