Beacon Database

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Beacon Database

Post by G0CUZ »

For those who don't know, Winlog32 contains a Beacon database containing over 4000 entries worldwide covering LF through to the SHF bands, data has been accumulated over many years including past and present activity, this has been maintained by myself for a number of years now and updates are usually distributed with each new Winlog32 version.

The activity part of the master database is updated automatically here from Cluster spots and from my own observations.

Any cluster spots that do not match existing criteria like callsign and frequencies, are thrown out into an error log, which I check regularly for 'new' beacons or for changed frequencies, inactivity, QRT etc, This action is not automatic - I have to check and admit/dismiss each including filtering out all the typo and bad spots, research any suspected new or changes and then manual edit the database.

As I don't often (if ever?) get feedback on this, I am not sure if the database is being used at all, so put up this post to ascertain if it is still of interest, otherwise I may as well abandon this work.

Needless to say, this 'updating' process takes up my free time which could be better spent on other 'useful' parts of my life!

I know there are online resources - these seem to come and go, but most I have encountered are well out-of-date, have varying degrees of accuracy or of limited frequency coverage.

Just looking for feedback on this guys, I will probably suspend the updates until I get some feedback.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
kiscomd
Keen user

Re: Beacon Database

Post by kiscomd »

Colin, FWIW - I don't use this feature at all and if not having it makes your life easier -well why not?

Mike
K2CBI