Winlog32 not logging to FLdigi

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
aj4uq
New user

Winlog32 not logging to FLdigi

Post by aj4uq »

I haven't been using FLdigi much recently so I'm not sure when this started, but contacts logged in FLdigi are not showing up in Winlog32. WSJT-X UDP works properly, and disabling WSJT-X does not cause FLdigi to start working.

I'm not sure what the special mechanism is that Winlog32 uses to read FLdigi data, but perhaps something changed in the FLdigi 4.1 code?

I'm using Windows 10, FLdigi 4.1.14, WL32_7.3(40).

Thanks,
tg.
AJ4UQ
SV1GRB
Keen user

Re: Winlog32 not logging to FLdigi

Post by SV1GRB »

I am using the versions you mention and everything is working fine.
Note that in order to auto log the contacts, the "Options->Logging interface->Fldigi-JTalert->Enable Fldigi interface" in Winlog32 must be enabled.
You can have both Fldigi and WSJT-X logging interfaces enabled simultaneously.
Of course Fldigi data files must be at the default location (C:\users\<username>\fldigi.files) and not in a custom location using some "--config-dir" option when running Fldigi.
I hope this helps a little.

Haris
SV1GRB
aj4uq
New user

Post by aj4uq »

That could be it. I have several profiles to support different radios. I'll try changing my main HF rig back to the default profile and see if that fixes it.
aj4uq
New user

Post by aj4uq »

I started FLDigi without a different configuration and things worked properly. It's curious that FLDigi is using the logbook.adi in fldigi.files\logs in both cases, but the way FLDigi is invoked changes the behavior.

Thanks for the hint.

tg.
AJ4UQ
SV1GRB
Keen user

Post by SV1GRB »

Your main log file is not monitored.
When you log a contact in FLdigi, another temporary file is created in "C:\Users\<username>\fldigi.files\temp" directory.
With the logging interface enabled, Winlog32 is waitting for this temporary file, automatically import it and then it is deleted in order to be ready for the next QSO.

Haris
SV1GRB