WAB database updating

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
MW0XOT
New user

WAB database updating

Post by MW0XOT »

Whilst I think that operator failure is the most likely cause, I can't seem to get the LCR to update the WAB database. I've typed in, for example, WAB SO05 in the remarks box and I run the robot and nothing gets updated. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. John MW0XOT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: WAB database updating

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi John

For correct operation of the WAB database, you will need to add the County along with the area, thus, "WAB SO99 WEST MIDLANDS"

I think that must be it

73 Colin
MW0XOT
New user

Post by MW0XOT »

Thanks Colin. Does it have to be in inverted commas? WAB has given up with counties as the boundaries of them continually change. It became a nightmare to administer. 73 John MW0XOT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

No, no inverted commas required John.

Been a long time since I WAB'ed so have not kept up with the rules etc.
Will look into it, and perhaps deprecate the need for 'Counties'.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

For the o/p and anyone else interested in the WAB awards program.

I have done a major revision to the WAB functions, to reflect changes made to the award program which now does not support 'Counties' and 'administration districts'.

I have decided to keep the original WAB database format, to allow some backward compatibility, in case this database was ever manually updated.

WAB database updating will now only require the WAB area in the Remarks smart field in the normal manner without any additional County.

The changes will be introduced in the next release >R38 and new functionality will be outlined in the help file in due course.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
MW0XOT
New user

Post by MW0XOT »

That's very helpful. Thanks Colin.
73 John MW0XOT