Adding new 3,5 MHz entry in WAZ database

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Adding new 3,5 MHz entry in WAZ database

Post by DL4KG »

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I tried to add some missing QSO for the zones 18 and 19 to the WAZ database. Everything worked flawlessy except QSO for 3,5 MHz. I am using the Germany "," in my whole system and never had problems. In the ADD box of the database the entry 3,5 is converted to 35.
The solution so far is to overwrite an existing entry. Than the box keeps the given entry. But that way is dangerous. I lost an entry and had to run the log check robot to get it back.
Does anyone has a better idea to overcome that problem?
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Adding new 3,5 MHz entry in WAZ database

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald
Thanks for alerting me to this problem, I wasn't aware of this, which has probably existed since the beginning of time, it will be a straightforward fix but unfortunately I can't presently see a way to manually add band 3,5 (or 1,8) without switching to decimal "." locale, I think this should be picked up by automated methods though?
The fix will be in next version but no idea when that will be unfortunately.
HNY
73 Colin
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Re: Adding new 3,5 MHz entry in WAZ database

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Colin,

I am glad to read that it is a minor issue to correct it. And it is no problem for me to wait for the next update. I am really pleased to contribute to the improvement of Winlog32 from time to time.
From time to time I have tried other logbook software but none has convinced me like WL32. Some of tehm have interesting features but I always found the handling and setup much more complicated. Thanks for all the time you spent and you are still spending to improve Winlog32.

Happy New Year and all the best for 2020!

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG