QRZ Callbook Online seems to be broken again ?

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

QRZ Callbook Online seems to be broken again ?

Post by F4GVO »

Hi Colin

Since this afternoon, it seems that the "QRZ callbook Online" API is one more time "broken" because the only thing display on the little Winlog32 window is "Requesting Log-on Key" when looking automatically for info about the station you are writing on the log .

If I remember well, the last time there was a similar problem, you had to the code on Winlog32 because QRZ website modify the way to grab info from theirs databases.

73 de Thierry, F4GVO
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Re: QRZ Callbook Online seems to be broken again ?

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

QRZ callbook online is running well here. No Problems at all.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Thierry

The normal QRZ Callbook API window is still working here, just checked this evening, I do not have a subscription to check the API for the full 'paid' service which I presume is the one you refer to.

I have not changed anything in the API, so when I have time I will have a look to see if there are any changes in the API requirements.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Very strange as DL4KG has no problem.
I have just tried a few minutes ago, as I work a SP station on 18m, when entering his log on callsign field, the QRZ Callbook Online window poped up well but stay at "Requesting Log-on Key".... and so no info are displayed... :cry:

Thierry, F4GVO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Did some more testing this evening and also a look through code and at the API behavior and all seems to be working as expected.

Have you tried to look-up a callsign already entered in log e.g. right-click callsign on log page and use menu look-up at QRZ Online?

Or with open Callbook window, position LOG and double-click 'Search' button in Callbook window?

73 Colin
G0CUZ
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Have you tried to look-up a callsign already entered in log e.g. right-click callsign on log page and use menu look-up at QRZ Online?
>>> just tried it, and yes it is working ok.
Or with open Callbook window, position LOG and double-click 'Search' button in Callbook window?
>> sorry, I don't really understand what you mean about the Callbook window... but maybe it is the one when are speaking about.
So from Winlog32 Menu > Callbooks > Callbooks: online; subscriptions; CD > OPEN
for info this one is on my side always on "autocheck" since longtime ago.
Anyway, this is this windows which is configured on my side to search for info on QRZ Callbook online (of course Log-on Callsing and password has been entered).
Since 3 days now, this windows doesn't display any info, not automatically when I log a new QSO on the log (left part), nor doing it manually, i.e. entering a call in the SEARCH field and clicking on SEARCH button. for a very short time it shows something like "searching on "QRZ Callbook on line" and then stuck with "Requesting Log-on Key" displayed and nothing more.......

It was working perfectly for several months. I just remembered that in the past, there was a similar problem and you needed to rewrite something in Winlog32 code but if you checked and nothing changed and worst, work fine, I really don't understand why on my side it is now not working :?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

>>> just tried it, and yes it is working ok.

Hi Thierry

Confused by this as this uses exactly the same function, are you sure you understand my question....

e.g. On Log PAGE (the one with list of QSO) right-click on the Callsign field and then select
"Look-up *callsign* in QRZ Callbook online"

This should populate the callbook window just the same, or does this say Requesting log-on Key?

I have added some more bug tracking to th QRZ online Callbook, I will PM you a link to the file you need, you will also need to enable the
menu/File/Maintenance/File Maintenance - Debug option - enable if you have not enabled that option before.
This will generate an error log when a trappable error occurs.

I did go through again the API Reference document provided by QRZ and also visited the QRZ developer Forum and did not see that they had made any recent changes to the server side of this API.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I have been working with Thierry F4GVO on this and due to frustration to fix this on both our parts, I have re-coded the QRZ Online CALLBOOK API lookup, using new methods.
These changes appear to be working, so if anyone else is a regular user or has had trouble with this is the past, please contact me and I'll let you know when a new release is available.

73 Colin
G0CUZ