printing problem

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Henry Boudewijns
New user

printing problem

Post by Henry Boudewijns »

I just instal winlog32 and wanted to print labels for qslcards.
The printer is a mg 7750 from canon and os is windows 7

After loaded abt 301 logs (last WAE contest) i wanted print multi qsl. There are 24 labels on A4 (3X8)
The only result is an empty sheet. Also an empty sheelt by printing normal labels, Any help should be nice,

73 de pa3ewg, Henry
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: printing problem

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Henry.

Do you have QSO/QSL listed to Print in the left column of the Print QSL Window?

I am not sure of the problem, but take a look at the help file on Printing Labels especially refer to the pictures to see what you have different..

http://help.winlog32.co.uk/hlp_printqsl ... setup.aspx

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Henry Boudewijns
New user

Hello Colin,
Mni tnx for your replay. I have read several times the help file on printing. I see the labels on the left (multi QSL).
It is possible to print, but only one sheet succeeded. All the prints later on where blanc.
I will try this week with a different label setting.

73 de pa3ewg, henry
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Henry

If you print a sheet, and it's followed by a blank sheet, that is usually due to some sort of overrun on the label to sheet set-up

The labels and all label text MUST fit within the sheet bounds otherwise this will happen, reduce the size of the set label dimensions until they appear to fit on the 'sheet display' with a small margin visible.
Remember when setting the label dimensions, the measurement is from one label left edge to the next adjacent label left edge, and top edge to top edge (e.g. including any gutter that may be present between labels) and NOT the size of the actual label.

You must also have ALL the label text VISIBLE on each label (and not running off the edge of the label), including any lines of text that are not used, some text lines can get hidden when reducing the size of the label, this must be corrected.

If you want to contact me with a screen shot of your Label settings, I'll take a look

73 Colin
Henry Boudewijns
New user

Hello Colin,

I read all your hints and now i can print multi QSO labels. But, there is too much text on the labels. I see the tail of the normal QSO label Rig, Antenna: please QSL. That tail is absent on the screen before printing. I did not succeeded for attachment (no pdf allowed, jpg too big)

73 pa3ewg, Henry
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Henry

You must adjust your label text so that all text lines show upon the label, you CAN move around the text e.g. make the lines of text closer, and if this is too close - you need to reduce the size of the font - you may need to increase the size of the label temporary to show all text lines to adjust them, then reduce the label size, otherwise you will need bigger labels.

Please contact me directly if you wish, include your 'winlog.ini' file (zipped) as an attachment (in ..\Winlog32 folder), and I'll try and help you with this.

73 Colin
G0CUZ