Signing LoTW file with latest TQSL

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Signing LoTW file with latest TQSL

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi all,
when signing LoTW file by Winlog32's LoTW Manager the latest version of TQSL does not open as it used to.
In the image is the latest TQSL version I have upgraded to
tqsl.jpg
tqsl.jpg (20.6 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
km4dcj
New user

Re: Signing LoTW file with latest TQSL

Post by km4dcj »

I think I'm having the same issue. All was fine until I got a notification to update to TQSL 2.1.0. Once I did that I had trouble signing my LoTW submissions. I used to click on Sign and a box would pop up asking me to pick a location, then I'd pick one an click ok and a box would pop up allowing me to type in a password and after that I would have a signed file to upload. Now when I click on sign I still get the box to pick a location, but once I do and click ok, the password box does not appear and I'm stuck. I did find that the export step created a file, and if I exit WinLog32 after it hangs I can go to TQSL and sign and upload the file, which does wind up in LoTW, but the file is not cleaned up so I have to go to the winlog32/output folder and erase the file manually. Today I got another notification to update TQSL again to 2.1.1. I did that but it did not fix the problem. I checked and saw an update to WinLog32 6.1.7, so I also did that update, but after that update I still have the same problem.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

This appears to be a major issue with TQSL 2.1.

I have the same problem using the sign process, and have been trying to find a workaround without success.
I am awaiting 'some' response from LoTW/TQSL guys.

There is nothing I can do
Using the command sequence to open and 'Sign' using TQSL outside of Winlog32 environment has exactly the same result. so it is nothing in WInlog32 causing it.
It appears to be a fault with the selecting of a 'Station Location' in TQSL and clicking on 'OK' - this then quits TQSL as if you have used the cancel button. The error log reports that TQSL has quit.

The automated LoTW manager process still works fine, as this sends a pre-selected Station Location to TQSL automatically thus skips the TQSL 'select' dialog.

Strangely, launching the TQSL window and manually selecting files, and 'Station Location' works!

DO NOT TRY AND GO BACK TO OLDER VERSIONS OF TQSL, you will cause yourself loads of grief, TQSL is not backward compatible.

I will have to await some response from LoTW/TSQL to acknowledge that this is a bug, but I am not holding my breath till then (three days since submitting a ticket)

73 Colin
G0CUZ
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi Colin,

that is exactly how you wrote. Thanks for your reply. Automated LoTW manager works fine... Hope they won't do anything stopping it to work! HI HI!

VY 73,
Nico
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

I am on the case, and have revised the LoTW Manager manual operations to both work with TQSL >2.1 and also hopefully improved logic.

A new release of Winlog32 will be provided shortly.

73 Colin
G0CUZ