LotW download incomplete

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

LotW download incomplete

Post by DL4KG »

Hello all,

I just downloaded the latest QSL confirmations from LotW. Parallel I checked the data in LotW and found that I got KH8 confirmed there. But Winlog32 still shows KH8 as not confirmed. Is there any explanation why the download from LotW is not complete?
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: LotW download incomplete

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald

First check the log and see if the verification is marked in QSLIN 'V' - if not then....

Download the complete LoTW QSL file via LoTW manager and the update again using that.

You may want to use the 'Auto' mode

Check again if it the log and DXCC database is updated, if not then check the downloaded the LoTW file (..\Winlog32\Output\) and see if you can find the QSO/QSL there for sure and see if there is any discrepancy.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

many thanks for the advice. Finally I found a time discrepancy between the two records in LotW and my log which explained the missing confirmation in Winlog32. What is the maximum accepted time difference if the LotW and the Winlog records do not match exactly?
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald

The LoTW download file/QSO should have the time stamp of your uploaded QSO, but if between uploading the original and downloading report, you have changed the STime in Winlog32, then this would definitely explain it.

As far as I can remember the QSO matching criteria for the downloaded report and Winlog32 log is Callsign Date Time & frequency band - these must match, the LoTW manager should report all non matching QSO in download file after the update routine.

It's documented that LoTW allows a 30 minute time discrepancy for QSO matching in it's internal processing, this is just for matching your QSO logged time with that of your QSO partner, it should not have any influence on your logged QSO Time.

I hope my explanation makes sense.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

many thanks for the explanation. Everything is fine now.
You are right that I changed the STtime in Winlog32 afterwards (for what reason ever?), but the first entry was right. Fortunately I used FLDIGI for RTTY and the FLDIGI log showed the right time stamp. So I was able to doublecheck and to find the correct time stamp for that QSO.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
kiscomd
Keen user

Post by kiscomd »

FWIW: Occasionally the download from LOTW, in fact, IS incomplete. This happens whether one downloads the adif file from the LOTW site directly or through Winlog32.

If the download is repeated (maybe more than once), eventually the complete file can be obtained. This seems to be a bug on the LOTW site.

73, Mike
K2CBI