Winlog32 and rotator control beta

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

The next version release of Winlog32 will include basic rotator control, so far control has only been offered via links to third party software like LP-Rotor and PST, the third party rotor control interfaces will remain.

The new function controls Yaesu and Hygain type rotators and other types that use the same or variations of their protocols, e.g. GS232A, GS232B, and DCU1, other protocols may be added later if there is any interest and possibilty for testing.

The rotor control interface allows basic control of an azimuth rotator and includes all the normal features - and some more, however no dual AZ/EL/Satellite/Moon tracking control is included or planned.

If anyone is using Rotor control from Winlog32, and would like to try the new interface, please see download page and download latest beta.

If you are not interested in rotator control, I still encourage you to download the beta - this version has a few other changes, fixes and latest updates (see 'changes.txt' in Winlog32 folder).

Feedback on the antenna control is requested.

Direct download: (install as normally)

http://www.winlog.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ ... v5806.exe

The beta file is only obtainable from this link, it is NOT obtainable from the web site or direct from the software
Version 5.8.4 remains the current version.

regards Colin
G0CUZ
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

ware do you set the relevant settings when using this rotator
Ie Comport and interface type etc

73 Keith GU6EFB
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Sorry Colin

I found the option for the rotator settings
You need to restart winlog after you have selected internal rotator
All seem to be working ok

73 Keith
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Good to hear that Keith.

When enabling the internal rotator for first time (or at any time you need it), you can click on the toolbar 'ant', this will display the rotor window without having to re-start Winlog32.

I wonder what interface you have tested with?

73 Colin
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

I am using the Idiom Press Rotor-EZ and this seen to be working very well.Baud rate needs to be set at 4800 I will also test with the Yaesu interfaces as well later

I am still learning the new interface you may be able to do this I may not have found it yet to center maps based on your Lan & Long

Anyway thanks for the great improvement to the rotator options in Winlog32

73 & Happy Easter

Keith GU6EFB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Keith

The map background are fixed images, so if you want a Guernsey centred one - you must customise one yourself, I have just provided a few files as a template.

This is a great resource and where I did mine:

http://ns6t.net/azimuth/azimuth.html

A little work with Photoshop should do it - it needs to be square format .jpg file, and the file name must be like "rot??????.jpg" as all 'rot*.jpg' files are filtered by the file selector.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

One new idea was to add some pre-set positions and have these available via the right-click options menu on the Rotator window.
Will work like 'Park' option does (except no auto on close).

I think two pre-set positions is enough?

Possibly the same menu could have a 'set' option to add a pre-set position from the current position.

Probably experiment with this over the holiday....
73 Colin
kiscomd
Keen user

Post by kiscomd »

Nice to have the 2 extra presets on the rotor control.
Thanks Colin!

73, Mike
K2CBI