PSK31

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0BLB
Keen user

PSK31

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin and all,
How can I get a automatic 599 to come up with psk31 the log works fine with USB CW RTTY.
Regards
Rich
G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

PSK31

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Rich
The report is added as "59" with most 'digi' modes, only CW & RTTY will add 599
This is only because I don't use digital modes much so I am not familiar with reporting systems used on various PSK modes (and other digi modes)
I can not see how 599 (59+Tone) would be appropriate for PSK reporting but what do I know?
It would not be a problem to change it, but depends on what input I get on this, and what it (they) should it be?
73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0BLB
Keen user

PSK31

Post by G0BLB »

Colin
Thank you for your reply I agree with your comments but every stion I have worked seems to like the 599 report also EQSL uses this report on there site.
Perhaps if other stations let you know their position you can review in the future.
Kind Regards
Rich
G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

PSK31

Post by G0CUZ »

Ok Rich

No problem for PSK31, wonder if the other PSK elaated modes do the same?
JT digi modes use a reporting system based on signal-to-noise in -db, so 599 is not universal across the digi mode range, I'll make whatever revision is required for these modes as long as it is the accepted 'norm' and geting the appropriate input on it.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

PSK31

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

599 is also used for PSK63 and PSK125. I assume that it is used for all PSK modes.
There is also mode FSK441 for meteor scatter, but for that mode the normal MS reporting is used like 26, 37 etc. As you mentioned all JT modes use signal-to-noise or EME reports.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
MM0XXW
New user

PSK31

Post by MM0XXW »

I didn't need to adjust my signal reporting system as all the appropriate info is imported directly from the digital programme (Fldigi) I am using straight into my log!

options/logging interface/FLDIGI/enable

Regards,
Martyn-MM0XXW