Winlog /IC9100 Linking

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
alex wickham
New user

Winlog /IC9100 Linking

Post by alex wickham »

Having used Winlog32 on many computers for many years I cannot get a 64bit based computer to talk to an IC-9100. Am I right in thinking Winog32 is 32bit operation only? Any advice? Alex Wickham G3IAZ
GU6EFB
Keen user

Winlog /IC9100 Linking

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Alex

Winlog should work fine with the 9100 have you downloaded the Icom drives that create the comport for the 9100 if you are going to use the USB option or just use the standard CIV jack

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/dow ... index.html

Winlog works fine on 64 bit computers I use them here what OS are you using and did you install Winlog as per the installation instructions?

How are you connecting to the 9100 is it via a PC on-board comport or through a USB to RS232 converter as these don't all conform to the RS232 standards

Let me know how you get on it should work fine
alex wickham
New user

Winlog /IC9100 Linking

Post by alex wickham »

quote:Originally posted by GU6EFB

Hi Alex

Winlog should work fine with the 9100 have you downloaded the Icom drives that create the comport for the 9100 if you are going to use the USB option or just use the standard CIV jack

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/dow ... index.html

Winlog works fine on 64 bit computers I use them here what OS are you using and did you install Winlog as per the installation instructions?

How are you connecting to the 9100 is it via a PC on-board comport or through a USB to RS232 converter as these don't all conform to the RS232 standards

Let me know how you get on it should work fine

alex wickham
New user

Winlog /IC9100 Linking

Post by alex wickham »

Hi OM (Gu6EFB?)

Many thanks for your help which resolved my problem. My computer provided me with two virtual serial ports for my USB direct feed from the 9100 and they showed a positive link but with no data transfer, this works for my setup in Spain! Downloaded the driver you recommended and changed to the port shown and had immediate connect. Again very many thanks. 73, Alex Wickham G3IAZ/EA7HKE