QSL label printing

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G3POM
New user

QSL label printing

Post by G3POM »

Hi there

After using Winlog 32 for about a year, I've started looking at printing QSL labels. I've got things working I think but I do have one issue.

Obviously I don't want to print labels for hundreds of QSOs I've already hand written. Is there any way of telling the program to start printing from a particular QSO. Logically I would have expected that if I highlighted a QSO in the ready list, printing would start from that one. However that doesn't seem to work.

Any help appreciated.

Guy - G3POM
K2WLO
New user

QSL label printing

Post by K2WLO »

Guy,
If you click on any QSO from your log the info will be recalled into the Enter QSO area. In the QSL IN/OUT box use a "B" for Buro or "D" for direct. You will need to do this for each QSL you want to que for printing. Once printed a date will appear next to the QSL designator (B or D). After the date is there it will not print again. One way to eliminate printing QSLs you have already sent is to mark with a B or a D and place the date also. It will now be considered already printed and mill be bypassed. Once you have done that for all of the outgoing QSLs you have already sent it will be real easy to keep up with. You will no longer have to remember which ones are the "new ones". Use the Log Check Robot to scan the log for new ones. Click boxes that correspond to what you are interested in QSLing. Make sure "Flag QSL for any NEW" is checked. Now it will automatically check any new ones for printing. I hope this helps.

73, John K2WLO
G3POM
New user

QSL label printing

Post by G3POM »

Many thanks John.

That helps and will solve the problem. I could see that putting a B or D in the box would probably be a workaround but had hoped that there would be a bulk way of doing it or a way of simply telling it to start printing from a particular QSO. What you've advised clarifies what I thought and looks like the best if not neatest answer.

Guy - G3POM
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

QSL label printing

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Guy,

you don´t need to put the date manually into the QSL in/out box. If you just put a "B" into the QSOs you want to update, go to the QSL print menue and press the "update" button. You will be asked whether you want to update without printing the QSL. Just answer "yes" and WL32 will fill teh in out box with the date and these QSO will not come up again in the print menue.
That is the way I update my log because I am using a third party print program for my QSLs.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G3POM
New user

QSL label printing

Post by G3POM »

Thanks Gerald.

That will certainly reduce the amount of work. I still wish there was a way to either print a range of QSOs or even to automate this adding of a B. Never mind, it's a great program and as John said, once I've plodded through the backlog it'll be easier.

Guy - G3POM