Norton Internet Security 2012

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
kiscomd
Keen user

Post by kiscomd »

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but for your information -

The latest update to NIS 2012 deletes WL32.exe whenever you check for the latest Winlog updates from within the program. The "Sonar" protection doesn't like it connecting to the internet, it seems. I had to reinstall Winlog and set up Norton to ignore the wl32.exe file. Now all is fine again.

Mike
K2CBI
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for that info Mike.

It is common for A/V software to deny access to internet port 80, as you say - there should be an option in A/V software to allow.

regards Colin G0CUZ
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi

Use Microsoft Security Essentials its a free download and is just as good if not better than some of the more costly options available.

Norton has caused me so many issues in the IT world that we won't use it any longer.

73 Keith GU6EFB

Happy new Year
VK6EB
New user

Post by VK6EB »

quote:Originally posted by GU6EFB

Hi

Use Microsoft Security Essentials its a free download and is just as good if not better than some of the more costly options available.

Norton has caused me so many issues in the IT world that we won't use it any longer.

73 Keith GU6EFB

Happy new Year

I Agree with you totally about Microsoft Security Essentials as far as Norton is concerned good luck with it but put it where it fits best and sideways is the best solution.I about 9 years ago used
Norton but had so many problems etc etc with it I Gave up never again
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I'm with you guys on MS Security Essentials - been using this about two years on all of our systems, and I recommend to everyone - it's free, it works, and it doesn't get in the way like most other A/V.

Pity it's 'hiddeen' by Microsoft and they have not pushed it forward enough - I guess it's so as not to upset the likes of Norton and other costly bloatware?

73 and HNY to all
Colin G0CUZ
kiscomd
Keen user

Post by kiscomd »

MSE certainly is a good choice, and the price is right!
Norton Internet Security is not "bloatware" anymore (for the past few years). Effective and has a small footprint on my machine. Not at all a resource hog anymore.

Mike
K2CBI