CT9=Svalbard :-(

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
pa0mjm

Post by pa0mjm »

Hi all,

I made today a QSO with CT9/IZ2DPX. Wl32 recognizes the call DXCC 259, Svalbard. Via File/Maintenance I did update the DX-prefix database and after restart Wl32 a Chck-robot action. The call is still connected to Svalbard (259) and not Madeira (256). BUT: in the cluster the call is recognized as Madeira!!
How can I correct this?

73, Martin
PA0MJM
kiscomd
Keen user

Post by kiscomd »

Martin,

Try double clicking on the callsign box at the upper left of the Winlog32 screen, with your erroneous CT9 contact loaded. That should allow you to change the country.

Mike
K2CBI
pa0mjm

Post by pa0mjm »

Tnx, Mike. That did the trick!
Learned something new today in wl32

73, Marin,
PA0MJM
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

I worked him also. Looks like I need to go in and make the correction as well. I didn't even notice! Thanks for pointing it out.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
pa0mjm

Post by pa0mjm »

You're welcome.

73, Martin
PA0MJM
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

It seems my log is reading CT9 correctly. I have already uploaded all available updates for Winlog32, and at no point does it read CT9 as Svalbard. After updating your DX prefix database did you restart Winlog32? I believe you need to.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys.

The problem with a wrong country entity being added to the log is possible in certain instances.
It happens when a part QSO is entered into the log, and before QSO is saved, this same QSO Callsign is edited (different entity) and then not using the enter key afterwards (e.g. mouse), the QSO will still retain the original entity.

I am going to work on this in the future to fool-proof this situation.

The Log Check Robot (all options disabled) should find this sort of error in the log.

It also be fixed as described above.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pa0mjm

Post by pa0mjm »

Mike, Colin,

@Mike: I did a restart after updating the DXCC-dbase.
@colin: I did a chk-robot action, but I can't remember if all the options were disabled.

Anyway, it's OK now.
Another day in the office.... eh, shack

mny tks fer all help

73, Martin
PA0MJM