Unique Callsigns (sql?)

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
N5PHT
New user

Unique Callsigns (sql?)

Post by N5PHT »

I would love to have a way to know how many unique callsigns are in my log. I know some dx'pedition software has this but I have not found one yet that I can get to work. It may be possible through a SQL search? Or through Excell formulas but I have tried there and no success also but I am no expert in Excell.

thanks,

Gary Stone, N5PHT
N5PHT
New user

Unique Callsigns (sql?)

Post by N5PHT »

I have the answer. Started to delete the post but in case others want to find unique callsigns it is a simple 5 word SQL:

SELECT DISTINCT callsign FROM LOG

Worked FB to show that I have 26,895 unique callsigns in my log of about 52,000 entries.

Excellent - been trying to sort out how to do this for weeks!!!

Gary, N5PHT

quote:Originally posted by N5PHT

I would love to have a way to know how many unique callsigns are in my log. I know some dx'pedition software has this but I have not found one yet that I can get to work. It may be possible through a SQL search? Or through Excell formulas but I have tried there and no success also but I am no expert in Excell.

thanks,

Gary Stone, N5PHT

G0CUZ
Site Admin

Unique Callsigns (sql?)

Post by G0CUZ »

Good info!

The only problem with DISTINCT is that the SQL will only display the field referenced with the 'distinct' clause and there is no easy way around it.
But for the purpose of 'numbers' this method works well.

Good to see you are enjoying SQL functions.
73 Colin
G0CUZ
N5PHT
New user

Unique Callsigns (sql?)

Post by N5PHT »

Yes Colin,

SQL has really caught my interest. I am now working on another SQL that I have wanted for a long time. I would like to be able to search for callsigns of hams that I have worked over x number of times. I am playing with the SQL for that with COUNT etc but have yet to get it right. Will keep playing.

73 de N5PHT, Gary

quote:Originally posted by G0CUZ

Good info!

The only problem with DISTINCT is that the SQL will only display the field referenced with the 'distinct' clause and there is no easy way around it.
But for the purpose of 'numbers' this method works well.

Good to see you are enjoying SQL functions.
73 Colin
G0CUZ