Contest Logging

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
GU6EFB
Keen user

Contest Logging

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

When in contest logging mode would it be possible to remove the fixed 59 report and allow the user to enter any report rather than the default 59
VHF contest ops tend to give a genuine report.

73 Keith GU6EFB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Contest Logging

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Keith

Thanks for the suggestion, yes, I do see the need for this.

However this will not be straightforward within the existing contest framework, but I will investigate the possibilities.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Contest Logging

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Keith

I've looked at this again, and have added a new function to change the "S" report using the keyboard number pad + & - keys, which quickly cycle through the reports available, this will only work in contest mode.

I did a bit of testing and it seems to be working out OK and appears effective, it only steps the signal report, e.g. 59(9),58(9), 57(9), 56(9),55(9), 54(9) but not Readability 'R' values, so not changing 44(9), 33(9) etc., but think this will cover most reports given out in VHF contests, and it can always be changed manually in the contest 'report' window if need be.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
mm0amw
Keen user

Contest Logging

Post by mm0amw »

That will be an excellent innovation Colin instead of the more cumbersome highlight and re-enter the S report. I usually operate in CONTEST mode as this allows me to take advantage of the automatic routines and this change will make it easier to give accurate signal reports. Any idea when the next version with this feature will be released?

David
MM0AMW
GU6EFB
Keen user

Contest Logging

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

Many thanks for this change
Please let me know when this will be available and i will be happy to test

73 Keith GU6EFB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Contest Logging

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

Just need to finish up a couple of other things, and check this scrolling report idea on another machine, also have a prefix update nearly ready, so I will be releasing another beta shortly.

The only reservation I have after some thought on this now, is so far I have only implimented the keyboard NUMBERPAD +- keys, but for laptops I may have to add this to other availanle keys (the ascii values are different), perhaps minus/equals as shift/+- may not be so convenient? but many other keys are utilised for other things.

The public beta releases will be 'rolling' out as I make changes, so usually there is not too long to wait after I have made some changes - just there will not be huge changes since previous releases, I am hoping this idea will help me in getting things sorted and tested quicker so I can move on with next thing.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
N5PHT
New user

Contest Logging

Post by N5PHT »

Colin,

I am using only Laptop and will test when released.

Gary, N5PHT

quote:Originally posted by G0CUZ

Hi Guys

Just need to finish up a couple of other things, and check this scrolling report idea on another machine, also have a prefix update nearly ready, so I will be releasing another beta shortly.

The only reservation I have after some thought on this now, is so far I have only implimented the keyboard NUMBERPAD +- keys, but for laptops I may have to add this to other availanle keys (the ascii values are different), perhaps minus/equals as shift/+- may not be so convenient? but many other keys are utilised for other things.

The public beta releases will be 'rolling' out as I make changes, so usually there is not too long to wait after I have made some changes - just there will not be huge changes since previous releases, I am hoping this idea will help me in getting things sorted and tested quicker so I can move on with next thing.

73 Colin
G0CUZ

G0CUZ
Site Admin

Contest Logging

Post by G0CUZ »

I've now again revised this function, which had many problems, the revisions will be in 5.8.9 beta (and after)
The beta is a few weeks away from release yet though.