DXCC Database

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
K2WLO
New user

DXCC Database

Post by K2WLO »

Hi Colin,
Is it at all possible to include an "All Confirmed" along with "Any Confirmed" and the others in the DXCC database? It would be helpfull for the DXCC Challange award (1000 QSL).

John K2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DXCC Database

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi John

Sorry,it is not possible to add this to the DXCC database as it records only new band/mode/entity.

The menu/Graph/Log DXCC Report will show all confirmed but not the actual QSO list - do you require an actual QSO List and if so, a date range? I am not exactly sure what is required for this award submission.
There would be a SQL query for the Log which could list the QSOs so when you have responded with above info, I will experiment with this, but as previously stated I can not add this as a function to the DXCC database.

Regards Colin g0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

DXCC Database

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

the DXCC challenge counts the confirmed DXCC entities (band points) from all bands.
For example:
160m 56 cfmd
80m 103 cfmd
40m 210 cfmd

This example sums up 369 points for the DXCC challenge. It includes all bands up to 2 m.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DXCC Database

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the explanation Gerald.

So what will be the difference regarding existing query "Any Confirmed" - is it excluding the 'mode' differences e.g. CW and SSB band entities only count as one point?

If this is so, then guess this will be possible to add to the DXCC database but need to be sure this is what is required.

73 Colin G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

DXCC Database

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

I just copied the award text from the ARRL webpage. I hope it is clear than:

The DXCC Challenge Award is given for working and confirming at least 1,000 DXCC band-Entities on any Amateur bands, 160 through 6 meters (except 60 meters). Plaques can be endorsed in increments of 500. entities for each band are totaled to give the Challenge standing. Deleted entities do not count for this award. All contacts must be made after November 15, 1945. QSOs for the 160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10 and 6 meter bands qualify for this award. Bands with less than 100 contacts are acceptable for credit for this award. Certificates are not available for this award.

In my first reply I said it is up to 2 m. That was wrong as the text says up to 6 m. There are no certificates for different modes.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
K2WLO
New user

DXCC Database

Post by K2WLO »

Thanks for the clarification Gerald. I wasn't able to get back to see/answer any replies in time. Your explanation was probably better than mine would have been anyway, hi hi!

quote:So what will be the difference regarding existing query "Any Confirmed" - is it excluding the 'mode' differences e.g. CW and SSB band entities only count as one point?

When using the query "Any Confirmed", the table on the right I suppose has the list needed to pursue the Challenge Award but it is not really useable for the fact I can't scroll through it. Although it is printable.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DXCC Database

Post by G0CUZ »

OK John

I can now see a problem in DXCC database scroll bar hidden behind border - many be a problem with Vista W7, not much of a problem to correct.

regards Colin G0CUZ