QTF calculator

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
K2WLO
New user

QTF calculator

Post by K2WLO »

I know the QTF is included when there is a spot, but what if there were a calculator in the tools drop down that would calculate a QTF from long and lat positions? I think that would be useful.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

QTF calculator

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi John

Some possibilities already exist.

If you need a QTF for a logged callsign in Log Page (or Cluster), right click and select 'Lookup Country'.

I don't think many would know references for Countries to calculate from raw values of lat/long though?

Sorry if I am missing the point!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
K2WLO
New user

QTF calculator

Post by K2WLO »

I don't have a beam for HF only for VHF. I was wondering what the QTF was to a distant repeater and was wondering if I could make the machine. I got to thinking of how to figure out which way my beam heading needed to be. I actually went to Google Earth and measured out the distance and found they provide the QTF angle.
Was just a random thought. I have no idea how difficult it is to implement such a thing.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

QTF calculator

Post by G0CUZ »

Oh, I see.

Best fuction for VHF

menu/Search/Locator - this will display a mini-window which you can look-up the worked ststus of a locator grid and also the QRB/QTF, it automatically 'pops' when the first four digits are entered, then keyboard 'Enter' and continue typing - the remaining 2 digit will give greater accuracy.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author