Lighthouses

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
KC2WLO
New user

Lighthouses

Post by KC2WLO »

Has the possability of a lighthouse database been considered? I have worked a bunch around the world and keeping track would be of interest to me, and maybe others. Thanks for a great product!

73 KC2WLO, John.

John
Gerald C.May
New user

Lighthouses

Post by Gerald C.May »

Hi John,
The Lighthouse database is operational.
It is in the the "User Database" which can be downloaded if you have not already done so.
Check in the Downloads section of this site for instructions.
Good Luck.
Gerald,
GW8TIX
KC2WLO
New user

Lighthouses

Post by KC2WLO »

I'll check the download section, thanks.
I don't have an internet connection in the shack yet. It makes it harder to do a lot of things. I need to get files on my thumbdrive, then transfer them to the shack computer. Again, thanks for the info I'm jumping over to get those files now!

73 KC2WLO, John

John
KC2WLO
New user

Lighthouses

Post by KC2WLO »

I got the new databases downloaded and they are great, thanks!
I'm wondering if there is a chance an ARLHS database for North America will be added? I've worked lighthouses in NA and can't seem to find a place to keep track of them in the databases offered.

73 KC2WLO John.

John

Edited by - KC2WLO on 13/11/2010 11:52:44 AM
KC2WLO
New user

Lighthouses

Post by KC2WLO »

***oops double post***

Edited by - KC2WLO on 13/11/2010 11:52:20 AM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Lighthouses

Post by G0CUZ »

Just to remind the forum, that the 'User' database and all awards and data contained within are the responsibilty of the orginator of the data,
I do not distribute or directly support this database due to lack of time and the obvious effort required to find data and to keep it updated.

However I do activly encourage this databases use and have provided the means for the end user to DIY their own for their particular award interest(s).
The Help file has information of what work is involved to produce one or more of these, there is a possibility of up to 30 awards interests to be incorporated into a single 'User' database.

The main 'User' database available for download on this site is the one provided by Eran, a 4X4 SWL and very good it is too, however I do not think he has been involved or interested with this for some years due to other interests/activities.
I know there are others who have sucessfully built one or more of these User databases, programming skills are not necessary and it is not beyond the capability of anyone who is a confident computer user, and of course I will help all I can, but please don't expect me to do the work for you.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
KC2WLO
New user

Lighthouses

Post by KC2WLO »

Thank you for the reply Colin. I will look into making a database. It sounds like a nice challenge. I'll let you know about my progress.

73, KC2WLO John

John