WAE

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
w6rll
New user

WAE

Post by w6rll »

Is WAE support a dead issue? I know that it has been discussed in the past. Please do not take offense but I am willing to contribute $$ towards that end if it would help ease the programming burden. With or without WAE support we have a great program.
73 de Joe W6RLL
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WAE

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Joe

Regarding WAE, I have looked at this before, but I have not been able to ascertain if WAE has an award program having tried to find information on the DARC website without success.
I know the contest is popular but as Winlog32 is not contest orientated and does not have the capability of supporting the WAE contest properly e.g. with logging QTCs, I am not sure what I can do with it within the confines of Winlog32.
If anyone can give me some guidance on what is exactly required, and where I can get the WAE award information (if an ward exists?) then I will look again.
I AM already familiar with the WAE country list /Europe, so I do NOT need that information.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
w6rll
New user

WAE

Post by w6rll »

Hello Colin. Thank you for your response. I do participate in the WAE Top and Trophy award and I know the basic information about the awards offered. Probably some of the EU stations on this forum are better versed in the details. A good starting point would be: http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/feddw.htm
There you will find award rules, applications, award holders lists etc. At present I keep my QSO data for WAE awards on an Excel form that is supplied by DARC. If I can help please let me know. 73 de Joe W6RLL.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WAE

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for that Joe, it is most helpful.

I will experiment with this when I have time, if theree is any suggestions regarding how you would like the WAE database to store data please let me know, my initial reaction would be to produce something like the existing DXCC database format and lookup with appropriate Countries of course.

But would appreciate any comments from anyone who would posibly use the WAE database.
I would point out that I would be unable to produce the required XLS format for award submission, so the dataabase would mainly be for tracking and reference.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
w6rll
New user

WAE

Post by w6rll »

I think your approach is exactly what is needed. Like the DXCC database and to be used for tracking and reference. I do hope that some others will make their thoughts known about this subject. Thanks for reading this and 73 de Joe W6RLL.
pa0mjm

WAE

Post by pa0mjm »

Colin,

I'm pleased to read your interest in a experiment on the WAE issue.
I support this experiment strongly as well in €€

Maybe I can add some info: there is the WAE contest and the WAE awards program. Joe as well as myself are interested in de WAE award program (Right Joe?). The rules for this program can be found at: http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/archives/dxawrule.pdf
2 kinds of awards are available: the WAE DX award and the WAE award. For the WAE DX one needs European countries and DX countries, while for the WAE only European countries are needed. There are some more differences, the rules file will point that out.

I agree with Joe on the presentation issue: just like the DXCC format.

Colin, I hope this info is usefull.. If you need more detailed info please mail to the adress in the rules file.

Martin, PA0MJM

Edited by - pa0mjm on 25/04/2009 6:12:34 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WAE

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the info guys.

I have spent some time thinking about implimenting the WAE, first thing that I have decided is not to support the DARC EUROPE DX AWARD (EU-DX-D) and the EUROPE Award - these have a complicated ANNUAL points scoring system which I think is beyond the scope of the database system I have envisaged.

The WAE awards program also has a points system, but will look at ways to incorporate this.
The country list does have a few complications too, as it is slightly different from DXCC entites - the lookup is dependent on the country entitly decided by the Callsign in the Log (from the prefix database), a problem occurs for GM as a GM prefix can be either mainland Scotland or maybe it can be Shetland, similar instance is with JW/Sbvalbard/Bear Is, but I hope to find a way around this.

You will be pleased to know that some initial work has already been done on the WAE project and if anyone would lke to help with development with regard to testing and evaluating he WAE database and lookup - please email me direct.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pa0mjm

WAE

Post by pa0mjm »

Colin,

Tnx fer WAE in Winlog32!
It works fine and is a great help to meet the Award demands.

Just received for a few days my WAE III Award.
The data for the Award was provided by Winlog32.

Martin, PA0MJM