Cluster working

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
OZ2HT
New user

Cluster working

Post by OZ2HT »

Hi Colin,
I don´t hope this all ready is possible :-)

When working with cluster , you get the Country and all the data just fine along with the spots ... but , lets say you want to take a good look , or se the map ,then you have to be pretty fast on days where spots is comming fast.It dosent help a lot to click on the call again because the next spot overwrite it again ...
Now ,the same problem is with the SEARCH CALL field , and it was here I could want NO CHANGING on the data , if you are using this field.Then I could put the prefix from the ClusterSpot here , and look on it in peace :-)

One thing more Colin ... It is near Chrismas ,and so that you don´t get lazy in all these no working days :-)... Think about a Contest Add. to this "The Best Logging Program" - that would be really nice !!

Vy 73 de jorn
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Cluster working

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jorn and all

I have also found the Country display from the cluster a problem in circumstances of high activity such as in a major contest week-end, and will be thinking of some solutions and welcome any comments, alo whilst on the subject of the cluster window.....

I have been thinking about adding a toolbar to the cluster window, which could be a useful way to access some options without going through the 'options' window procedure, comments required! - one disadvantage is that if the cluster window is in a small window not all 'tools' will be visable, and the small amount of extra space used up by the toolbar.

Some more thoughts about the Cluster window - the cluster daatabse which can store cluster spots - does anyone use this facility? Shaall I exclude it fom the display, abandon it all together, or does anyone make use of it, all comments appreciated

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
OZ2HT
New user

Cluster working

Post by OZ2HT »

Hi Colin,

No need for more windows :-) As I surgested ... make the use off "SEARCH CALLSIGN" windows, LOCK the Country display.I gess it is possible to make a "Chose field - ON/OFF" in the Options/Settings , so all can make there own chose.

I have newer used the Cluster database , so for my sake .... :-)

Vy 73 de jorn