QSO input keys and database keys

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
Jean-Louis
New user

Post by Jean-Louis »

Hello Colin.

Many congratulations for your fine business !
I have somes proposals for Winlog32, to improve my own practice:

1) The keys arrows to swap the frequency in the QSO input are based on the wavelength : arrow up make down the frequency
and arrow down make up the frequency. My proposals, the possibility to choice the right way in the settings ?
I have some difficulties with the actual direction of the keys.

2) In the database, the button to make a selection from "sended but not confirmed" cards QSL, is a need, and don't show all the perhaps to long list of "worked but not confirmed". This last show all worked and sended and worked but not sended. All this buttons are need.

My all best 73 and thanks for all your work.
Jean-Louis F1SIU.

73! Jean-Louis
OZ2HT
New user

Post by OZ2HT »

Hello Jean-Lois

1) I don´t agree with you ... I find it right the way it is , Sorry :-)

2) If you use the "Search" , you can find "sended but not confirmed" , and manny other options to :-)

Vy 73 de jorn
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jean-Louis

Thanks for your comments:
1. It would not be difficult to reverse the arrows for Freq. Up/Down, but most are already used to this behaviour and to change it now will cause much confusion, I could make it optional but that would add to the complexity and maybe ( hi ) it would be easier (for me anyway) if you get used to using the up/down arrow keys as is now.
I am willing to listen to all comments from anyone else about the present action of the freq. up/down keyboard keys.

It would NOT be possible to have the search options you require, the ancillary databases e.g. DXCC, IOTA etc. only record entities worked and confirmations of these, they do not record when or if a QSL is sent, this is only recorded in the main Log and there is no direct interaction between the log and the databases.
There are many search options available for the Log, including a custom search, perhaps one of these may go some way towards your requirements.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Jean-Louis
New user

Post by Jean-Louis »

Hello.

1) Yes, I spoke for an optional choice.
Ok, I’ll be more carefull of my input and train my wild finger ! Hi.

2) Thanks for explanation Colin and Jorn. I have find now the good tool !

JL F1SIU

73! Jean-Louis

Edited by - Jean-Louis on 04/05/2006 4:47:55 PM