A Possible Addition Please

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
m3tdc
New user

Post by m3tdc »

Hi Colin.

Wondered if there is a way to call up all previous info of a worked station and have it autofill the data from a previous contact.

Eg: If I work AP2ZJB i then enter all details re the contact eg freq etc. and his name and QTH etc.

If i then work him again what i want to do is for the program to identify the call and autofill the name and QTH from a previous contact. Same with the QSL info if worked on same band same mode. Then i do not need to remember if i have sent a card or not.

I talk local to some guys on 2m about 30 times a week. Each time i always have to complete the name etc.

It would be very helpful for an autofill (as a selection in the menu system) to be introduced

Cheers
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Best 73's Tony M3TDC

Edited by - M3TDC on 21/12/2002 7:40:11 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Tony

Thanks for the comment - I will be looking at your suggestion during the 'rebuild'....

Although it does seem pointless to auto-add into 'Remarks' the same information over and over?
The previous contacts are displayed on the Search Page after a Callsign has been entered, so name etc. should be available on the first couple of QSO's.

There is an option to limit the number of 'previous' QSO's listed to make this more convenient when a great number of previous QSO's have been made, thus the info during for the first few QSO's will always be recalled and displayed.

This is how I normally approach log-keeping in this reswect, but as always I will try to accomodate everyone.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
m3tdc
New user

Post by m3tdc »

Hi Colin

Thanks for the reply. It is just an idea. I like to keep stuff ship shape and just get tired of entering the names etc again and again.

I see your point but i guess ech to there own. Thats why i guess to use another auto robot which can be on or off.

Cheers

Best 73's Tony M3TDC