Cluster FT8

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
dl1pan
Keen user

Cluster FT8

Post by dl1pan »

Hello everyone,
there is the option "CHECK ONLY" FT8 mode in the cluster settings. Is it also possible to NOT display FT8 frequencies in the cluster? so only SSB and CW mode (frequencies)
73 de Andreas, DL1PAN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Cluster FT8

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Andreas

Sorry, there is no 'ignore' FT8 option in the DXCluster window.

It may be possible to add an option in the future, but the option would not be frequency specific, that would slow up spot processing too much, however it would be possible to ignore spots where comments have been added e.g. "FT8" in cluster Comments, this would probably limit but not eliminate the number of FT8 spots shown.

I will look at this, as I am aware that there are still operators not interested in this mode!

It may be worth investigating the Cluster server too, as there may be options to ignore spots with certain content?

73 Colin
G0CUZ
dl1pan
Keen user

Post by dl1pan »

Hello Colin, thank you very much for your info. Yes, it is indeed the case that there are very many FT8 messages in the cluster. Too many for me (- ;. I can imagine that this is difficult to filter. But it could have been that I overlooked an option. All the best. 73 de Andreas
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Andreas
et all

Just to say, that I have now added an option to ignore FT8 spots in the cluster output, I have done with combination of frequency trapping 7-28MHz and comment note, this traps 95% FT8 spots on HF which I think for you will and others who don't use this mode an advantage.
The changes will be in next release which may not be any time soon, so anyone who would find this useful needs to contact me for a beta test file.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
dl1pan
Keen user

Post by dl1pan »

Hi Colin, you are the best. I will be happy to test it.
I'll send you an email directly

73 de Andreas
dl1pan
Keen user

Post by dl1pan »

To all of you who are interested, my wish has been raised and "fading out" FT8 spots in HF bands will be possible from the next update, I think. Colin did a good job and it works perfectly. Thanks again

73 de Andreas, DL1PAN