Satellite Logging

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
GU6EFB
Keen user

Satellite Logging

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

Could you please look at the possibility of adding a receive frequency field to the logging so we can have both TX and RX frequencies recorded.

Many thanks.

73 Keith GU6EFB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Satellite Logging

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Keith

I am sorry to say that it is not possible to add another field to the Log, as I have always strived to have backward compatibility of the log database, is there a particular reason that you need to record both frequencies?

I don't work satellites these days, so have lost touch with the inner workings, but as far as I know the transponders only have one RX and one TX band, e.g. a 'Sat Mode' which designates the bands being used.

In Winlog32, if you want to export the Sat Mode, the Sat Mode should be added to the User field and SAT selected as the Mode.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

Thanks for the reply

For logging of satellite QSO I do the following

Put satellite name in the the user field QO-100
And I put Sat in the propagation field

When I export to LOTW it looks like this on the LOTW web page see attached.
It would have been nice to have the RX frequency/band as well as TX frequency/band
Attachments
LOTW sat QSO
LOTW sat QSO
LOTW.jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 13460 times
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Keith

Thanks for the explanation.

According to that - it seems that LoTW 'Assumes' that the RX Band is the same as the TX band which to me is strange considering the nature of sat. duplex operating, Winlog32 does NOT export the RX Band for sat QSO in the ADIF output.

Well, I could output the RX Band tag in ADIF for (only) QO-100 QSO - IF the band is always going to be 3cm??

That would not be too difficult, but there again, would I have to eventually output all RX band for the various satellites as I am no expert on satellite history either.

73 Colin
G0CUZ