N1MM>Winlog32

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

N1MM>Winlog32

Post by G0CUZ »

I've been asked to experiment with a basic UDP connection with N1MM contest logger, I know several Winlog32 users prefer to use N1MM for contesting, etc., so this may be useful to those folk. I don't use N1MM, or for that matter contest anymore, so input from anyone who does will be useful.
If there is anyone with interest, please contact me directly.
73 Colin, G0CUZ
ZL3LF
Site Admin

Re: N1MM>Winlog32

Post by ZL3LF »

Out of curiosity...

Why would someone just not export to ADIF and import after the contest?

I contest solo every now and then and sometimes as part of a semi-serious Multi-op contest group.

To avoid issues with the logging and control of rigs the PC setup we use is very minimal, and having another app running on the laptops while running a multi-station contest setup does not seem like a good idea to me...

As I say, just curious..

73, Chris
ZL3LF
ZL3LF
Site Admin

Post by ZL3LF »

Forgot..

For the record I just use winlog32 when I'm contesting solo and turn off the auto-upload stuff and use the contest-slick mode.. Works for me and I don't have to import the log from another tool after the contest..

73, Me.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Chris

Well, this was a request to add this function, and I like to please, as you say it could introduce extra problems, like when editing/deleting in real-time on N1MM, although there is provision for this in N1MM protocol, it another layer of complexity which I don't want to add to Winlog32.

Anyway, I have added it for those who want to use this method, and I have now mostly sorted out all the bugs.

I don't use N1MM, in fact don't think I ever did any contesting with a computer logger, although I did some paper contest logging so many years ago.

Thanks for the comments
73 Colin
G0CUZ