Dynamic Antenna Controls

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
iw9hrz
New user

Dynamic Antenna Controls

Post by iw9hrz »

Hi Colin, is possible to implement a control for the dynamic antennas?

I'm using an ultrabeam, is possible to implement a box as you have do for the rotor control?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Antenna Controls

Post by G0CUZ »

As far as I know Ultrabeam control protocol has not been published and probably will not, due to their partnership with Microham, but I am only guessing.

As far as I know the controller may use the Kenwood protocol, so it may be possible it will respond to transceiver frequency commands, but I really don't know, and impossible for me without a controller or published protocol to test.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
iw9hrz
New user

Post by iw9hrz »

G0CUZ wrote:As far as I know Ultrabeam control protocol has not been published and probably will not, due to their partnership with Microham, but I am only guessing.

As far as I know the controller may use the Kenwood protocol, so it may be possible it will respond to transceiver frequency commands, but I really don't know, and impossible for me without a controller or published protocol to test.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Hi Colin, the manual of ultrabeam has been published, example the software PStRotator implement a double control (Ultrabeam and Steppir)

Ican sent to your e-mail the Ultrabeam manual, here you can find some information you need about the protocol.

let me know
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Yes please - if you can zip-up and send as an email attachment, I will look to see if there is possibility to add it to a future release.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
iw9hrz
New user

Post by iw9hrz »

G0CUZ wrote:Yes please - if you can zip-up and send as an email attachment, I will look to see if there is possibility to add it to a future release.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Hi Colin, I have sent you an e-mail with the manual

let me know, Paolo
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Paulo

Thanks, I have received and read the manual via email attachment.

Unfortunately, the manual is of no use, it does not describe or even mention the control protocol used.

The manual only describes the installation of their own control software.

As I said, from my own research, I do not think the protocol has been (or will be) published.

It may be possible to understand the protocol by experimenting with the hardware, but I do not have any possibility to do this.

If you want to try yourself, you can connect to the hardware using the Winlog32 Kenwood (or Icom) RCW and see if you can send a frequency to the controller - it may tune the antenna to that frequency if the protocol is similar?

Until I have the basic control protocol, I can not do anything - I am only guessing .

Sorry I can not be of help at this stage.

73 Colin
G0CUZ