CW machine software

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

CW machine software

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

I would like to have a CW machine (e.g. in Logger32 or in N1MM) implemented in Winlog 32. I am doing 80% of my QSO in CW mode and I already have the keying interface using a COM port which I use with N1MM in contests.

Best regards, Gerald (DL4KG)
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: CW machine software

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald

I think you mean the "Begali CW Machine" hardware unit, this is a really expensive unit here in the UK (£400), not sure how many would be using it to be honest.

Winlog32 does interface with Winkey, which has Key, Keyboard and memory keying interface,

To use any API interface its essential to have the hardware, so I don't think this will be viable in this instance.

All the best for 2022

73 Colin
G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

I don´t mean a hardware machine, just software code implemented to use a COM port for keying the tranceiver.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Oh, Ok Gerald, I see what you mean.

Winlog32 software is not really capable of real-time keying, the software is not multi-threaded, it would never be a reliable way to send CW.

Winkey hardware works quite well with Winlog32, I know a couple of guys use it, also myself occasionally.

Sorry I can't help with the software keying though.

All the best for 2022 my old mate.

Colin, G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Colin,

many thanks for the explanation. It was just an idea to complete the package. It is not a big concern. For contests I will stick to the N1MM software which is perfect for that. And it has an UDP tranfer into WL32. Both programs are working together perfectly.

All the best for 2022 for you and your family and many thanks for the long long support over the last 25 years (I guess). :D

Vy 73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG